Help on my BB says hold the (*) button, but when i do so speed dial for "A" gets called. when i do alt A, then nothing happens. is there a shortcut to lock my curve besides convenience key
    04-24-09 09:34 PM
    I don't know if you have yours to dial from the home screen but if you don't (Phone - Options -Dial from HS) you can hit K and it will lock the device.

Or you can set the phone to auto lock after a certain time.
    Options - Security - General

I don't know what else locks the device, really, I've never taken a look lol because I just set mine to lock after 1 minute. :]
    04-24-09 09:41 PM
    i have it on dial from homescreen and i like it that way. i also have it lock after 30mins but sometimes i need to lock on the fly (from my GF as well as my friends)
    04-24-09 10:09 PM
    you can set ya berry to lock every time it is placed in the sleeve or clip
    04-24-09 10:19 PM
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I have mine set to dial from the home screen. I don't know if there's any other way. I haven't seen anything. Like bx2md said also there's the pouch option but eeh!
    I've also seen people suggestion to move the "Lock" icon near so you could just hit that and it's locked
    04-24-09 10:22 PM
    oh and the hold the alt + * ( or just *, I can't remember now) that works with OS 4.3 I believe?
    04-24-09 10:24 PM
    Hold down the mute key to enter standby mode. If that helps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 11:35 PM
    You can set one of the side convenience keys to Keyboard Lock if you wish.

Options>Screen/Keyboard, scroll and select conv key, highlight, choose desired function, escape and save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 11:38 PM
    I went into phone settings and changed the left side button from the voice dial feature to lock device. So my left is lock and right is camera, works perfectly with a holster.
    04-24-09 11:43 PM
    Like BergerKing said, I set the left side key to be the lock button, because I can't stand the idea of Push to Talk and id rather not have it taking up buttons on my phone, but also because its a real good easy way to lock the keyboard.
    04-24-09 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD