Now what the **** is going on with my blackberry (8330) ?

I have the blackberry to lock after 5 minutes. I woke up this morning and attempted to unlock the BB to use it and it won't unlock. I have a 4 digit code that I use and when I normally put the code in the display show 4 asteriks. Now when I type it in it shows the actual letters and it will not let me unlock the phone. I pulled the battery and put it back it but it does the same thing. Any suggestions?
    09-14-09 10:59 AM
    Assuming you have used Desktop Manager before, plug the phone in to your USB. Desktop Manager will prompt for a password. Enter it there and see if that gets your phone to unlock as well.
    09-14-09 11:07 AM
    good idea, i will try that. This has never happened before. I wonder...
    09-14-09 11:09 AM
    nope that would not work either. This is very irritating. I tried the lock code once and it asked again and show 4/5 attempts and then it said that if I dont get the code right the next time it will erase all of my data. I only attempted a password once. Something is going very wrong here
    09-14-09 11:16 AM
    I hope you have a current backup. Is this a new password? Is it possible that you have been entering it with shift lock on and just didn't realize it? For example, you may have thought you were typing "wert" when in reality you typed "123(". Is that possible?
    09-14-09 11:23 AM
    I have been typing the same password for 13 months. I also checked the cap locks. I retried the password again and not it wiped everything out. This is really getting old. I had 16 MMS messages from over night and now I will never see those
    09-14-09 11:30 AM
    luckily I have a backup from a week ago. Is there any way to get the messages that I missed from last night? MMS messages
    09-14-09 11:46 AM
    No, unless you can get the sender to re-send them. There's no way to recover them from the BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD