Upgraded my gf's VZW Curve with the Nathanix hybrid and it went flawlessly. Runs super fast too (except for cursed BB browser - ridiculous). She had a favorite theme with .75, but it no longer shows as an option. I re-downloaded it, shows in Applications, but it's nowhere else to be found. Any ideas?
    03-12-10 11:46 PM
    From what I have read of people that have downloaded the 5.0, your g/fs old theme wont work with the 5.0 software. You can download anything you want but it will only register software associate with 5.0. Check out Nathanix.com for information also. I believe that you can use themes associated with 8350 series phones.
    03-13-10 11:15 PM
    And you can also use the 8520/8530 themes, as long as Nathanix's hybrid included the 8520 patch (which I believe it does).

For everyone having problems with app memory: 5.0 is a HUGE OS. The 8330 barely has enough memory to handle it. Either downloading a pre-shrunk hybrid or using Shrink-A-OS to shrink it yourself is essential. I personally always used Shrink-A-OS on mine, because I like to decide for myself what to shrink out and what to keep.

And for someone that asked: you CANNOT load 5.0 on a 8320, or any Curve other than a 8330. OSs are device-specific, and 5.0 is no different. Even if you somehow get DM to install it, you will be the proud owner of a bricked Curve. Don't try it on anything other than a 8330!!!!

And as far as the progress bar getting stuck after the initial install: this is normal. Don't pull the battery. Don't touch it. It will take anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes to load the first time. That's for the first boot after install. So just leave it alone and let it do its thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 03-15-10 at 11:59 AM.
    03-14-10 08:21 AM
    I loaded it on the hybrid 5.0 on my boost mobile 8330 and i love it . its alot better than boost 5.0 for sure . faster and havent had to pull the batt as much
    03-14-10 04:26 PM
    Glad to hear it works with Sprint Nextel. I might have to try this out soon. Also have an 8330 so that makes me feel better about trying it. Really like the way the pictures sound to be much faster. What are the downfalls of this upgrade?
    03-14-10 11:51 PM
    And you can also use the 8520/8530 themes, as long as Nathanix's hybrid included the 8520 patch (which I believe it does).

For everyone having problems with app memory: 5.0 is a HUGE OS. The 8330 barely has enough memory to handle it. Either downloading a pre-shrunk hybrid or using Shrink-A-OS to shrink it yourself is essential. I personally always used Shrink-A-OS on mine, because I like to decide for myself what to shrink out and what to keep.

And for someone that asked: you CANNOT load 5.0 on a 8320, or any Curve other than a 8330. OSs are device-specific, and 5.0 is no different. Even if you somehow get DM to install it, you will be the proud owner of a bricked Curve. Don't try it on anything other than a 8330!!!!

And as far as the progress bar getting stuck after the initial install: this is normal. Don't pull the battery. Don't touch it. It will take anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes to load the first time. That's for the first boot after install. So just leave it alone and let it do its thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Does that mean I can or can't load it on an 8330m (Sprint)?
    03-16-10 12:57 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD