So my blackberry fell into water last night, I dried it off, used rice and everything. Works fine now, everything works except at some point I can't hear anyone talking, and they can't hear me talking. I was wondering is there any way to open up the phone and (most likely connect the speaker) see what's wrong. Also will my Insurance, at Sprint, cover this even though the water indicator is Red. Because when it was falling it hit the toilet cover first so that's what I am thinking messed up the speaker because everything else works perfectly fine.

Thank you, and let me know ASAP if they'll cover this and if I'll have to pay anything at Sprint!
    12-08-09 08:41 PM
    If you have insurance it is $100 buck deductable with assurance... water damage is not covered but lost or stolen phones are covered....
    12-08-09 09:51 PM
    So if I was to tell them it got stolen/damaged I'd have to pay $100?
    12-08-09 10:08 PM
    lol Not that.

You pay them $100 and they'll pay u some amount , may be around current worth of your phone if ur fone gets stolen. But sounds like a crazy idea to me
    12-09-09 01:21 AM
    Most insurance providers have a deductible just like ou pa a co-pay or deductible for medical bills.

Same model different world. You'll get the same model or something applicably similar if your model is no longer available. Curves are still around so you'll probably be able to get one. Just backup your Berry before taking it in.
    12-09-09 01:30 AM
    Insurance will cover water damage. That's the whole point. No matter how the phone was damaged the insurance will cover it. With a deductible of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 01:33 AM
    If you have insurance it is $100 buck deductable with assurance... water damage is not covered but lost or stolen phones are covered....
    Tom, are you sure this is correct? Does Sprint have an unusual agreement with Asurion?

My insurance with them through Verizon (and with Alltel before that) covers water damage.
    12-09-09 06:03 AM
    Thank you guys, but I ended up not going to Sprint. Phone has been working perfectly, knock on wood, ever since a day after this thread was made!
    12-11-09 11:55 PM
    Great. Just be prepared for it to start failing in the future.
    12-12-09 07:08 AM
    Tom, are you sure this is correct? Does Sprint have an unusual agreement with Asurion?

My insurance with them through Verizon (and with Alltel before that) covers water damage.

You know I am pretty sure but maybe I am confused because I just had mine in at a sprint center and they checked for water damage.
    12-12-09 07:51 AM
    Water damage will void the warranty, which is probably why sprint checked yours. And if you took it in for a problem, that is probably one of their first trouble shooting steps. If it had water damage they would tell you to file with insurance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 09:37 AM
    I found this on sprint/nextel page but I think they cover loss so this is either new or not right. whole page here

http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/pdfs...ntyProgram.pdf

1> Incidental or consequential damages; 2> failures caused by acts of God, fi re, fl ood, explosion,
    war, terrorism, strike, embargo, acts of the government, military authority, or the elements; 3>
    loss, theft, abuse, misuse, improper installation, water damage, or customer negligence; 4>
    pre-existing Operational Failures of the Covered Equipment occurring before the time it was
    established as the Covered Equipment; 5> cracked displays unless resulting from normal wear
    and tear or defect in parts or manufacturing; and 6> changes or enhancements in color, texture,
    fi nish, expansion, contraction, or any cosmetic damage to Covered Equipment however caused,
    including, but not limited to, scratches and marring, that do not affect the mechanical or
    electrical function of the Designated Wireless Device.
    12-12-09 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD