Hi All --

I've had my curve for almost a year and have been very pleased. Today, out of the blue, I noticed that I have no sound. Ringtones will not play, music and other media in my media files will not play. I still get vibration, but nothing else. Checked mute, it's off. Checked to make sure nothing has changed in my profile -- still have sound in holster and out of holster checked. Dumped the battery and rebooted twice. Ran a diagnostic test. The only thing I could see that I don't know what it is off the top of my head is ICMP Ping Echo -- it says no. I haven't downloaded any new apps in the last 30 days and my bill is paid.

I'm still able to pickup the phone when I get a call and use it (when I know someone is actually calling, which is a TRICK ). Very frustrated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    04-07-08 05:56 PM
    I think the next step would be to backup your BB, do a complete wipe and reinstall the OS. Before you restore your backup try calling the BB and see if you can hear the ringtones, also try playing some mp3s. If everything works then restore your backup and proceed again with the same steps to check ringtones, mp3s etc.
    04-07-08 07:20 PM
    Thanks. I think you might be right, was just trying to avoid that if possible. Oh well. Thanks for the input.
    04-08-08 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD