Ok, after gushing about my great new OS yesterday I've run into a few problems. I figure if we all list them here it'll be easier to fix them.

1 - if I go to "options">"media card" my bb is recognizing the card, but when saving anything, my only option is device memory. Never happened on 4.3. It used to say something about where I wanted to save everytime I'd battery pull, no longer does this.
    Just checked and it took all of my pictures and moved them to device memory also.

2 - "error unsupported format" when trying to open videos in blueapple. I can save them, then play, but only to device memory ( see number one). With 4.3 I could click "open" and view anything up to 0.9 megs. Mobile youtube works fine (tiny screen box still sucks). Also, when saving blueapple videos before, a hi-res video would be full-screen, now even with the "full-screen" option checked I only get the tiny (mobile youtube-esque) screen. Even with the non-hi res videos I was getting a widescreen view before on 4.3.

3 - Same problem as everyone else with WAP posting. If I try to edit my post everything is on one line.

4 - "status">file total is indeed gone in 4.5.

5 - facebook icon disappears, although the app still shows up in the app list if you go to "options">"advanced options">"applications". I fixed this by updating/re-downloading the bb facebook app, works fine now.

And one question. Am I supposed to be able to view PDF's with docs to go? I can't.

Hope this helps people or at least gets some problems fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 12:04 PM
    I am not having issue with media card but I took mine out when I was updating sw. And my posts seem to be wrapping around fine using the cb launcher. I did have an issue with docs to go not loading word documents and will have to reload it when I get home. With the blue apple some videos are playing and some are not. Not sure y

08-14-08 12:13 PM
    My blackberry still restarts when playing brickbreaker
    08-14-08 12:15 PM
    Am I supposed to be able to view PDF's with docs to go? I can't.
    There is no PDF support in DocsToGo, it is designed to work with Microsoft Word .doc files.

There is a PDF viewer in the Attachments system, but it does not allow you to open PDF files for viewing.

It used to say something about where I wanted to save everytime I'd battery pull, no longer does this.
    That is good news, a lot of 8330 owner have complained about that fault.

Has anybody been able to test the sound clip problem where the speaker fails to release?
    Last edited by Stoner; 08-14-08 at 12:20 PM.
    08-14-08 12:17 PM

And one question. Am I supposed to be able to view PDF's with docs to go? I can't.
    PDF's are Adobe Acrobat files, which are not included in Docs2Go....Word Documents, Excel Documents, and Power Point files are all you can view in docs2go
    08-14-08 12:17 PM
    Well thanks for actually replying. If my post was about what my stupid email signature says I'd have forty replys in an hour. I think its amazing how many mindless/useless threads posted in the wrong areas never get moved/locked in this forum, while good information/questions get shuffled down the list so people too lazy to search can ask "what's a service book?" and "OMG did I break my bb?" and "my pink curve totally ROX!"

08-14-08 12:23 PM
    i have recieved several mms clips and havent had any phone audio issues. have also tried youtube and blue apple no problems when making calls
    08-14-08 12:57 PM
    One thing i have noticed in a sideby side with another vzw curve the top display ie bars and battery indicator ar blurry when using the browser on the new version media manager is definatley in a box format for videos and official sw is widescreen
    08-14-08 01:18 PM
    Could someone please explain to me why Verizon users are upgrading to the new OS when Verizon hasn't officially released it on their website?
    And then after downloading the new OS people are having problems with it.

I'm just curious.
    08-14-08 01:24 PM
    My blackberry still restarts when playing brickbreaker

ditto.
    08-14-08 01:26 PM
    ditto.
    Seems my wrap/submit button thing isn't doing that anymore but I just noticed the restart when playing brickbreaker bug...

08-14-08 01:36 PM
    I have no known issues as of yet. I installed 4.5 on monday and memory has become more stable...
    08-14-08 01:41 PM
    Well thanks for actually replying. If my post was about what my stupid email signature says I'd have forty replys in an hour. I think its amazing how many mindless/useless threads posted in the wrong areas never get moved/locked in this forum, while good information/questions get shuffled down the list so people too lazy to search can ask "what's a service book?" and "OMG did I break my bb?" and "my pink curve totally ROX!"

08-14-08 01:51 PM
    i have recieved several mms clips and havent had any phone audio issues. have also tried youtube and blue apple no problems when making calls
    That is encouraging, have you tested interrupting the file then attempting to use the speaker?

Phone will be affected, you will not hear callers. VAD is able to break the lock and free up the speaker.

Hopefully, that has been dealt with.
    08-14-08 01:55 PM
    Could someone please explain to me why Verizon users are upgrading to the new OS when Verizon hasn't officially released it on their website?
    And then after downloading the new OS people are having problems with it.

I'm just curious.
    Just because we want too and we can. :] I don't have anyproblems except for my vlingo won't work, but I think that's more of a compatablity issue not an OS problem

08-14-08 02:48 PM
    I am running 4.5 on vzw no probs either.

As far as the mms issue from 4.3 my speakers still work after opening the message and playing the whole thing / w not playing the whole message it still worked.

08-14-08 02:57 PM
    MMS is not working at all on my Alltel Curve with 4.5. Sometimes it works for a few hours, but most of the time I cannot either send or receive. I can do one or the other, but not both.
    08-14-08 03:08 PM
    My problems:
    1) Internet not working at all. I've posted a thread on the specifics and nothing still.
    2) Memory goes up and down like crazy, but never dips below 12 so I'm not too worried.
    3) I have the same prob as OP with my pics and what not saving to the device memory and not to my media card automatically.
    4) Have never gotten images to show up in my emails.

That's all I've noticed so far.
    Last edited by kmeyers02; 08-14-08 at 03:30 PM.
    08-14-08 03:21 PM
    That is encouraging, have you tested interrupting the file then attempting to use the speaker?

Phone will be affected, you will not hear callers. VAD is able to break the lock and free up the speaker.

Hopefully, that has been dealt with.
    Yeah I tried haven't had any problems. I didn't know vad fixed that I always soft reset. But I haven't noticed the issue

08-14-08 03:30 PM
    I did notice a couple diff things for memory usage in media on the phone u can drop the device limit from 12 to 5 which is good bc docs to go is huge. I also noticed in security settings u can now block msgs but still allow msgs from ur adress book that's a nice feature that was missing

08-14-08 03:33 PM
    I have been having a problem with mms and html, with alltel (bb curve 8330). Except mms stayed down and took email html with it. I've spent ALOT of time with alltel tech support, and the only remedy is to exchange phone. I'm now on my 5th curve. I now believe the problem has to do with upgrading docs to go or using trial version. Let me know if anyone else has noticed this.
    Last edited by redskinsfan; 12-25-08 at 10:19 AM. Reason: couldn't link with proper message.
    12-25-08 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD