I dropped it (ok threw it) and now I have white lines across the bottom third of screen, still works, what have I done, how do I correct it!!!? Also, Keyboard does not light up at all. Is there a way to make keyboard illuminate whenever backlight or screen is on?
    05-29-08 05:51 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

It could be a loose connections or damage to the LCD display screen. Either way, it will have to be dismantled to fix the problem.

There are repair shops that will service out of Warranty repairs or you can try to repair it yourself.

YouTube - BlackBerry 8310 - Disassembly. - Repair Tutorial
    Last edited by Stoner; 05-29-08 at 10:02 AM.
    05-29-08 09:58 AM
    Ok, that looks simple enough, just check the connector for the screen, what about the Keyboard thing? How do I have the keyboard lit whenever the backlight on the screen is lit?
    05-29-08 12:13 PM
    If the problem is in the connection, that will likely fix up the backlight to the keyboard.

You should be warned, doing this will void your warranty. If it is still covered, you would be better off exchanging it for a refurbished device.
    05-29-08 02:36 PM
    the keyboard never did stay on whenever the screen backlight was lit.
    05-29-08 05:21 PM
    you can buy a new LED screen
    Blackberry Trackball, Lcd, & Parts Repair Service Center

and about voiding the arranty thing....how can they tell?
    and what happens if you take it and say i need a new device?? do you just have to pay the insurance deductable just like any other phone?
    05-29-08 05:48 PM
    Well, I replaced my LCD screen, and it works fine, the problem I am having is my keyboard will not light up at all. I would like it to light up every time my screen backlight is on.
    06-03-08 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD