Are there any features on the phone that would disable you from
    browsing the web or any other services where you would incur data
    charges? I would like to at least be prompted before I advance to a point where data charges would be forthcoming. Thanks in advance for your input.
    01-07-09 02:46 PM
    Go to manage connections>mobie network options>then select data services off
    01-07-09 02:48 PM
    Are there any features on the phone that would disable you from
    browsing the web or any other services where you would incur data
    charges? I would like to at least be prompted before I advance to a point where data charges would be forthcoming. Thanks in advance for your input.
    Don't know if your carrier is the same but with verizon , you can call them and have a web block that way you can't get on the web but can still get sms and stuff like that. hope this helps.
    01-07-09 07:19 PM
    Will MMS and SMS still work with Data turned off?
    01-07-09 07:45 PM
    Don't know if your carrier is the same but with verizon , you can call them and have a web block that way you can't get on the web but can still get sms and stuff like that. hope this helps.
    This isn't for smartphones on VZW since you need a data plan. The web block is for dumb phones to keep parents & whomever from seeing huge bills because Junior decided to play poker on their phone or surf for nudie pix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 08:27 PM
    Go to manage connections>mobie network options>then select data services off
    thanks! this really helped, i signed up just to figure this one problem out.
    01-07-09 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD