Okay,

I had a couple of scratches on the lens and decided to change it out. Wow was that a big mistake! I have tried the cheap one from eBay to the expensive one on bbrepairshop. Currently I'm on my fifth lens and everyone did the same thing. It seems like there is a plastic layer over the screen on all the after market lens. Everyone I've got seems to peel apart.

HELP....I need a new lens ASAP. I need help from people w/ first hand knowledge!

Thanks

Last edited by dnbhd; 08-19-09 at 04:18 PM.
    08-19-09 04:02 PM
    I've changed out my lens two or three times, and never had a problem. The ones I purchased came with a sheet of plastic stuck to them to protect the lens in shipping, but it was obviously not part of the lens itself.

All the lenses I purchased came off of eBay or Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry,. Not sure what to tell you without actually seeing your lenses and the plastic layer of which you speak.
    08-19-09 04:08 PM
    I know what you are talking about and I'm not referring to the shipping plastic.
    08-19-09 04:11 PM
    I'm thinking of buying a dummy phone and trying use it for parts
    08-19-09 04:17 PM
    Has anyone had experience with that too??
    08-19-09 04:17 PM
    Ok, That's really strange. I've never had that problem or heard of it before. I'm not sure if it makes a difference that I've only purchased the black 8330 lens, but I wouldn't think so.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    08-21-09 05:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD