Hi there, new here.

My trackball wasn't working so I ordered a new one and when I installed it , the trackball still didn't work. IT would click but it wouldn't scroll in any direction.

I found some Electronic Contact Cleaner Spray in my shed and sprayed it into the copper dome and sensors below the trackball to try and get it to work as a last resort. To my amazement, it worked!

I have a new problem now, the screen looks dark in some angles and when I tilt it to a certain angle, I can see some kind of liquid got into the LCD screen, which I'm pretty sure it was the Electronic Contact Spray, I might of accidentally sprayed some and it traveled to the LCD.

My question is, can I save my screen and try to get the Contact cleaner out of my LCD screen? I did a little research and found out that if you soak your blackberry into rice, you can get liquid out of your phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    10-10-09 06:01 PM
    I was cleaning my screen and keyboard with computer monitor wipes and some of the alcohol got under the screen. To be exact, it got under the clear part of the housing that covers the screen and left some residue on the inside.

I simply removed the housing, cleaned it as thoroughly as I could using a soft cloth. Then, I used some car polish to lightly buff off the residue. Can't tell anything ever happened now.
    10-10-09 09:24 PM
    I think it actually got under the LCD not the top layer, cause the LCD looks like some liquid got in there cause some parts of the screen are lighter than others.

How hard is it to take off the top layer? Maybe I can give that a go.
    10-10-09 10:07 PM
    I'd try to wait it out a week and see if it goes away. I dropped my BB8330 in a creek one day once i fetched it I went home took it apart and laid the pieces over a fan for 24hrs. The phone continues to work but the screen was darker in some spots than others and was in bad shape. After about 5 days or so the screen cleared up! But I already ordered a new one on ebay so I kept it as a spare.
    10-11-09 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD