The browser is faster in the hybrid, but someone reported that spellcheck isn't working, so I'll be looking into it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Which hybrid are you using? Does this hybrid load over top of java file or over loader files? I tried the leaked 5.0 once, but it seemed to be too much of a memory hog and wasn't compatible with a lot of things. Here's hoping things will straighten out when official 5.0 is released. Thanks for the work XL.
    10-24-09 07:29 PM
    Which hybrid are you using? Does this hybrid load over top of java file or over loader files? I tried the leaked 5.0 once, but it seemed to be too much of a memory hog and wasn't compatible with a lot of things. Here's hoping things will straighten out when official 5.0 is released. Thanks for the work XL.
    Sorry I didn't investigate on my own. I found your hybrid and I'm getting ready to try it out! Thanks.
    10-24-09 08:06 PM
    Will the os upgrade work for the 8330 curve on the verizon network? Please help

10-27-09 10:03 AM
    Will the os upgrade work for the 8330 curve on the verizon network? Please help

Yes - it will work on Verizon.
    10-27-09 03:38 PM
    Does it matter if your a verizon user will this upgrade still work??
    10-27-09 10:24 PM
    Does it matter if your a verizon user will this upgrade still work??
    The answer was posted right above your post.

10-28-09 01:48 AM
    I have been using this os for over a week and works great. I am on verizon all my apps. work no issues at all browser is fast and every few if any hour glasses.
    10-28-09 12:12 PM
    yea my phone and apps are moving faster now and rarely any probs fo rme at alll
    10-28-09 12:22 PM
    So I did all the steps, but my OS is still 4.3....not sure what to do now...

10-28-09 01:35 PM
    Quick question. Are there anyother mirrors for this? Thing is that I try to download and it keeps booting me off when I reach 80mbs. Quite annoying really.

10-28-09 01:38 PM
    Classyladii, did you install the OS after downloading the file by double-clicking it?

Make sure you remove the vendor.xml file.

Also, uninstall any previously installed OS software on your computer. Go to Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and remove any Blackberry Software installed prior to the download/installation of the .175 software.

Last edited by xliderider; 10-28-09 at 01:46 PM.
    10-28-09 01:43 PM
    What a breeze.
    Backup.
    On the BB > Tools > Advanced Ops > wireless update > walk away and let it run.
    I didnt have to reload any contacts, calendar, browser or settings with the exception of 3 rd party apps. Had to reconstruct Quick launch shortcuts and empower options.
    I have always done the D/L the OS screw around with the vendor file, JL Comander wipe and add the OS and 3rd party software, resend service books. ETC. fun to learn but a waste of time compared to this update.

Browser is better, Better = quicker it still will not render 50% of the web sites, Bolt is still my browser of choice. Memory is essentially the same there is plenty of space to move around. Any way you look at it the 8830 is a great stable workhorse. I remember the treo days reboot was a necessity.

Add ons
    Acendo fitness
    Bolt Quick launch
    Empower email pro
    10-28-09 02:56 PM
    I'm loving .175 so far. It is much more responsive than .169, the camera works better (unless 175 addresses SDHC compatibility), and some people I talk to notice my calls sound better.
    10-28-09 10:44 PM
    I'm uploading this to a friends 8330 but I'm a storm user.

Is there any difference?

And I uploaded the OS with a full wipe and it won't get past the blackberry loading screen on the device.

Is this a bad OS load?

10-28-09 10:49 PM
    Maybe you have to uninstall and redownload/reinstall?

The OS file has been downloaded 200+ times now. I think we would know if the file was bad.

10-28-09 10:53 PM
    Ok so I deleted the 4.5.169 from my computer and downloaded the 175. Deleted the vendor and started DM and connected my 8330. It checks for updates and does not find any. I run apploader from DM and it shows my current and a few downgrades and also the 175 but there is nothing beside it like upgrade or downgrade. I click on the 175 and it starts reading device info and then says device does not require an update. So i then delete the 175 OS from computer and redownload it and go through the same steps with same results. Any ideas?
    The same thing is happening to me. I have uninstalled any previous OS's, deleted all the files in the apploader folder, shared folder and then i even tried deleting all the folders and re-installing this OS and it will not upgrade. Loader.exe does not see an upgrade, tells me the device software is newer than what is on the computer ( I am running .169) I tried going through Desktop Manager, Application Loader and it sees 3 systems (.71, .138, .175) and when I choose .175 and hit next there are no updates. I have no idea where it is seeing those other OS's from. Any help is appreciated.
    10-29-09 04:52 AM
    What version of DM are you using?

Also, just deleting files and folders isn't enough. You have to use Control Panel to uninstall the OS installations.

If you are using DM 5, there might be a hidden vendor.xml file on yoiur computer. Use the file search function on your computer and use the advanced file search, include hidden and syatem files.

10-29-09 05:49 AM
    When I uninstalled I meant I did it through Add/Remove Programs, then I deleted those folders. I first was working with DM 4.6 then I updated to 5.0 and both did not work.

I even tried it on a different computer and the same thing is happening, I have never had this problem installing updated OS's.

Loader.exe gives me two options: 1. Leave the system applications on the device unchanged (Recommended) 2. Replace the device's applications with the older version provided by the Blackberry Desktop Software. Then If I go to Application Loader through DM it lists 3 OS version, 4.5.0.175, 4.5.0.138(Says Preferred) and 4.5.0.77(Downgrade). The weird thing is that I never had those other two OS's installed on this machine so I do not know where it is getting them from. If I choose 4.5.0.175 and hit next it will then say no software update is required. Sorry to be a pain
    Last edited by live4swell; 10-29-09 at 07:08 AM.
    10-29-09 06:19 AM
    Have you done the Advanced file search for the hidden vendor.xml file that DM 5.0 probably has installed in a hidden directory?

After you remove all vendor.xml files you find, disable your network or internet connection then double-click on loader.exe to load your OS.

10-29-09 11:45 AM
    Does this one fix the freaking profiles crash? Im so annoyed with this bb always losing sounds. Im on .169 right now.
    10-31-09 08:36 AM
    How do I get my web based email contacts list moved to my new tour?
    10-31-09 08:39 AM
    I'm loving this OS. My favorite OS on my VZW 8330 by FAR!!! Browser is really fast, text rendering is really fast (it used to be very easy to out-type my screen), data/voice transfer back and forth is lightning quick, plenty of free memory, battery life is excellent. AND best of all, after using it heavily since it debuted, NO CHIRP! NONE. I love this OS. A MUST upgrade for every 8330 owner.

10-31-09 08:44 AM
    How do I get my web based email contacts list moved to my new tour?
    Wrong forum/thread. Go to the Tour forum and do a search there.
    10-31-09 11:43 AM
    Does this one fix the freaking profiles crash? Im so annoyed with this bb always losing sounds. Im on .169 right now.
    I don't think anyone has posted that it has the profiles/ringers crash problem. I do believe they are saying that the 8330m version has it though.
    10-31-09 03:08 PM
    Well broke down and installed. Pretty impressed so far. Haven't been on the phone so I don't know if I will get the chirp. Hope not.
    10-31-09 05:21 PM
289 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD