07-30-11 01:35 PM
289 ... 101112
tools
    It becomes a choice between 5.0 (way better than 4.5, expecially if you use a hybrid) or BB Maps.
    06-09-10 08:44 AM
    I Have A Quick Question Can I Upgrade With Out Any Problems If My BB 8330 Is Fully Flashed ?
    06-09-10 08:48 AM
    my Curve 8330 (Sprint) says I have the latest when I check for updates.
    Also on BB Desktop Manager... 4.50.186 (Platform 3.4.0.59)
    Also, a question ... I had to wipe my BB last week lost everything of course, however, my BB desktop Manager did not save my contacts... can I sync them with my YAHOO, w/o outlook express (don't have it and can't find it for windows xp/vista). Or can you walk me thru saving my contacts so I don't have to use the old fashion way of using "pen and paper", lol.
    Thanks for any info you can provide
    Shari
    06-10-10 08:49 AM
    my Curve 8330 (Sprint) says I have the latest when I check for updates.
    Also on BB Desktop Manager... 4.50.186 (Platform 3.4.0.59)
    Also, a question ... I had to wipe my BB last week lost everything of course, however, my BB desktop Manager did not save my contacts... can I sync them with my YAHOO, w/o outlook express (don't have it and can't find it for windows xp/vista). Or can you walk me thru saving my contacts so I don't have to use the old fashion way of using "pen and paper", lol.
    Thanks for any info you can provide
    Shari
    Shari, you have the latest Sprint OS for your device. There is a 5.0 hybrid OS out there (Nathanix) that will give you threaded sms, a better/faster browser, bedside mode with clock, etc.

If you never made a backup of your BB using desktop manager, don't expect to get anything back after doing a wipe.
    06-10-10 04:16 PM
    is there a download forOS 5.0 when I tried to download last week I got a message that said I was up to date like you said.
    About the back up... I just backed up again recieved an error Profiles 6 of 8 retrieved... ???
    and with the back up... when I look it up nothing shows todays date as a backed up file???
    Can you help with that?
    Thanks Shari
    06-10-10 04:20 PM
    Do you have a bunch of custom Profiles setup on your BB? It sounds like one of them may be causing a problem on your backup. Go through them again and check your settings and resave them when review is complete.

You have no backup file because the backup was apparently aborted do to the error.

Here's a link to the latest Nathinix 5.0 hybrid OS:

Nathanix Blackberry Resource • View topic - Nathanix 8330 Hybrid V438.8.0 RELEASED!

You seem kind of new to BB, I would recommend staying on your Sprint OS till you become more familiar with your BB before taking on an unofficial OS.
    06-10-10 04:47 PM
    what kind of profiles would be the problem? I have 3rd party apps and some themes.
    You may be right about taking on something "unofficial", lol... Thanks for the advice, I am still learning some ins and outs... Crackberry really helps a lot.
    06-10-10 04:57 PM
    Some random ramblings...

.131 has been extremely stable for me over the last year and a half or so. But after looking into the newest .186 OS, it seems to be completely stable as well as opposed to .175. Kind of interesting just how little information is available online about the .186 build. I guess this is just an older phone now perhaps.

So I loaded it up today....at this point for a 2+ year old phone I am not expecting major changes for an OS upgrade from .131 to .186, however, I did it in hopes for a few things to be improved that I'm curious if other people have dealt with as well. Namely, my backlight has always been buggy in the sense that even when I have the setting to "NO" for automatic dimming, the backlight on .131 was still always dimming on and off quite frequently at completely random times. Also, when I am on the phone for a while (say 20 minutes or longer), and I try to access a webpage right after getting off the phone, for some reason my data connection is lost for a good chunk of time. Even when I use the "manage connections" and shut off the network and then turn it back on, it often still does not pick up the data signal for a solid few minutes. Somewhat of a minor inconvenience but it can be pretty annoying. And lastly, I don't know if its even possible for such a small OS change to do this but I am hoping to drop less calls and also have improved battery life now So I guess I'll see what happens with all of these things over the next couple of weeks.

Also, in recently debating on whether or not to get the 9650 (which I didn't do), I ended up instead going on amazon and buying some new OEM parts for a new battery panel cover, and also a new front keyboard cover/screen cover to refresh the phone. For $25 the phone looks like new again and it still operates very fast for my needs, which is basically messaging, phone calls, and using opera for web page viewing.

What a great phone this has been! Now hurry up and bring on the 9800 Sprint!
    06-26-10 09:29 PM
    Just a follow up on my .186 experience....at first, the OS seemed laggy but I was probably just paying way to much attention and I don't notice anything at all now. In terms of my reported experience on .131 with having the issue of reconnecting to the internet after ending a longer phone call (20+ minutes), .186 is reconnecting me to the internet as soon as I hang up (I can tell because all of my emails come piling into my inbox as soon as I get off the phone where as this used to not happen until my data connection was restored which was usually at least a few minutes). I'm not 100% sure on battery life but I feel like its a shade better but this could also be wishful thinking. The backlight thing is still there which is annoying to me but I think its just hard wired into the OS even when you have the auto-dim feature disabled. Another random thing I noticed was that when I send an email from the phone through my gmail address, I finally stopped getting an automatic additional copy of the sent email to my inbox which is really nice, I didn't think upgrading would solve this so pleasant surprise there. Worthwhile to upgrade for me!
    07-15-10 08:16 PM
    I was on .175 then saw that I could upgrade to .186 in the DM app loader. Both are pretty stable so far with no memory leak, better than 5.0 IMO. What's weird is that when App world is installed, the phone constantly freezes up then reboots. After I deleted app world, my curve is running like a champ with 40MB file free.
    07-25-10 05:12 PM
    Everyone said its supposed to be better but so far it seems worse. I've had some problems since I got it. I made a thread about it that goes more into detail if you feel like helping me out. Which would be highly appreciated seeing as I'm BB ********.
    07-26-10 03:54 PM
    the hybrid says it will not work for a 8330m, isnt that the spring model?
    08-13-10 01:04 PM
    if you trust yourself to install 5.0 its worth it.. just keep in mind you loose more memory but removing emails on daily bases will help the memory issue.
    I love the 5.0
    08-18-10 07:57 AM
    thanks for the link bro
    07-30-11 01:35 PM
289 ... 101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD