Software For BlackBerry� Curve (TM) 8330 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.295 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.295
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.5.0.175
    Software Platform: 3.4.0.55
    File name: 8330AMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel295_PL3.4.0.55_A4.5.0.175_Spr int_L.P.exe
    File size: 83.17MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software

1. Download the above OS file to your PC then install it to your PC by double clicking the file you downloaded. (Vista users be sure to right click on the .exe file and select "Run As Adminstrator.")
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the vendor.xml file.
    3. Plug in your BB to a usb port and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same folder as the above vendor.xml file.

Don't disconnect your BB unless you get an error message, or you get a completed message. Some of the upgrade steps take a while, and it may appear to have stalled or stopped, but it has not. Be patient, and let the update load (30 - 45 minutes).

Edit: Download link changed. Working (for now). RIM/Sprint has made it harder to get the file.
    Last edited by xliderider; 10-19-09 at 01:54 PM.
    10-17-09 04:13 PM
    Since no one has posted the latest official offering from Sprint, here it is.

I've noticed something different about this OS. I usually remove the setup wizard using Shrink a OS; however, this OS gave me an error when trying to run Options. Putting the 2 .cod files back for the setup wizard got rid of the error messages and allowed the Options app to run properly.
    10-17-09 04:15 PM
    Its stickied up top.
    10-17-09 04:17 PM
    Its stickied up top.
    Actually, the sticky thread for the latest 8330 OS is for 4.5.0.170 from Tata Indicom.

The Sprint OS stickied has 8330m in the title, even though the download link is the same.

I just wanted to avoid confusion, since there is already a lot of 8330/8330m confusion to go around.
    10-17-09 04:20 PM
    Oops my mistake. I've been up for 24 hours working. One of those weekends Sorry.
    10-17-09 04:22 PM
    Im kinda iffy about this, loaded it last night, kind of a memory leak.
    10-17-09 04:23 PM
    Oops my mistake. I've been up for 24 hours working. One of those weekends Sorry.
    No problem.

I was debating whether to start the thread or not, but decided to post it because I wanted to keep the comments and findings for this OS separate from the m thread.
    10-17-09 04:25 PM
    Im kinda iffy about this, loaded it last night, kind of a memory leak.
    Do you have an m or an e Rachel?

That's what I've been reading on this. Most of the hybrids I've been running have memory leaks as well, so I decided to give this OS a try. If it doesn't look too good, I'll be back on the hybrid with this OS as a base.
    10-17-09 04:27 PM
    I have an E.

I keep hearing good things about the hybrid, but still havnt loaded one.. I need to find with basic instructions lol..
    10-17-09 04:29 PM
    I know it is early has anyone had any issues with this on verizon? I have been running 170 for a few days with no problems may give this one a try. Thanks Xliderider for the thread and link.
    10-17-09 05:00 PM
    Biggest issue for Verizon on these later OS builds is whether the chirping during calls is present.

.169 definitely had it for some Verizon users, others have never had the chirping problem on Verizon. It may be a network setting in the area that is causing the problem though.

I haven't heard the chirping on .170, though I believe some have had it.
    10-17-09 05:10 PM
    Biggest issue for Verizon on these later OS builds is whether the chirping during calls is present.

.169 definitely had it for some Verizon users, others have never had the chirping problem on Verizon. It may be a network setting in the area that is causing the problem though.

I haven't heard the chirping on .170, though I believe some have had it.
    I had horrible chirping on .160, it would happen every single time I made a call. On .170 it still happens but very rarely. It also doesn't seem to be as loud.
    10-17-09 05:46 PM
    Ok so I deleted the 4.5.169 from my computer and downloaded the 175. Deleted the vendor and started DM and connected my 8330. It checks for updates and does not find any. I run apploader from DM and it shows my current and a few downgrades and also the 175 but there is nothing beside it like upgrade or downgrade. I click on the 175 and it starts reading device info and then says device does not require an update. So i then delete the 175 OS from computer and redownload it and go through the same steps with same results. Any ideas?
    10-17-09 05:49 PM
    Walxjr, try uninstalling all OS installations on your computer using Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs.

Then launch from loader.exe in the same Apploader folder as the vendor.xml file you removed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 06:05 PM
    Thanks for the tip I used the loader in the apploader folder and all went well.
    10-17-09 06:51 PM
    After unistalling a OS on computer I go into apploader and Del. all files in the removed folder plus I Del. anything in the shared/loader files then I install the new OS.
    10-17-09 07:40 PM
    After unistalling a OS on computer I go into apploader and Del. all files in the removed folder plus I Del. anything in the shared/loader files then I install the new OS.
    I do the same. I found out long ago, that if the Removed folder isn't deleted, then CrackMem would not remove files in a new OS installation.
    10-17-09 07:42 PM
    anyone have another download link? this one returns errors...
    10-18-09 12:44 AM
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

here ya go... googled it Actually it seems to be a generic download link for any of the Sprint downloads... hmnnn handy!
    10-18-09 01:07 AM
    Ok sorry to bother with the same thing over and over hehehe...

I deleted both the OS and the BBDM from my pc, via add/remove programs. I then reinstalled both...

Now when I try to "update" my OS via the DM and via app loader neither can find the BBOS... I tried via DM (aka instalation for the BB-Challenged such as myself) and via the app loader and it gives me all my already installed apps but no blackberry 4.5.0.175 system software to install...

Do I have to browse to find it or am I just driving myself crazy for no reason?

Bah I found out what it was... I need a internet connection to update it... That's what I get for tethering and not getting a real ISP lol
    Last edited by Yokomohoyo; 10-18-09 at 02:43 AM.
    10-18-09 02:05 AM
    Sorry but the download link does not work. Thanks.
    10-18-09 04:30 AM
    Anyone have a mirror for this file?
    Both links provided seem to have been removed.
    Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your time.
    10-18-09 11:56 AM
    10-18-09 12:50 PM
    RIM seems to have changed the downloads to force you to enter a device PIN in order to get your carrier's approved version.

Googled and found someone's PIN which is on Sprint...

30BE5BD9

So now just go www dot blackberry dot com slash hhupgrade and punch in the PIN above. (sorry, Im a new forum user and I can't post links yet it seems).
    10-18-09 01:20 PM
    Thanks Amplisys. That worked like a charm.
    Wonder how long before they disable that PIN. Lol.
    10-18-09 01:40 PM
289 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD