Have you tried uninstalling the DM and OS, rebooting the PC and doing a fresh install of both?
    07-29-08 01:06 PM
    i am getting error message Jvm 513. any idea how to get by this? I can not get by the error and the DM does not recongnize that the bb is pluged into it. the application loader is asking for a password to connect to the bb but I never created a pasword.
    Last edited by pumpskin; 07-29-08 at 07:01 PM.
    07-29-08 06:11 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling the DM and OS, rebooting the PC and doing a fresh install of both?
    man i did everything... it was my sd card... how odd is that.. i got to thinking, i have a bad ringtone, that wont delete or play. and i guess that is whats causing the problem, so i took it out and everything went smooth. i did notice my phone is no where near as loud as my buddies... so i actually want to go back to the stock settings... can someone please point me in that direction on how to get the old settings back?
    07-30-08 12:43 AM
    Uninstall OS 4.5 from your PC (Add/Remove Programs) and hook your phone back up to roll it back to 4.2. If you uninstalled 4.2 from your PC you'll need to reinstall that.
    07-30-08 10:50 AM
    thanks man, can you toss me a link for the 4.2version. Thank you sir.
    07-30-08 01:04 PM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Select at&t from the list under the North America then select the 8310 from the drop down menu.
    07-30-08 06:22 PM
    Downloading .75 now thinking .....maybe.
    Well, I guess it was version .52 Just seen the link said .72 and downloaded it then noticed it wasn't .75. Who knew?
    07-30-08 10:10 PM
    Ok I am having a problem Everytime i remove my battery it ask for venor apps allow or deny plus i have to keep sending my BM contacts my new PIN which is actually my same ol PIN
    07-31-08 07:24 AM
    This worked fine on my Curve, but I didn't notice any differences from 4.3.
    07-31-08 03:27 PM
    this post might be of interest for 4.5.0.69..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/os-4-5-0-69-a-58662/
    08-05-08 06:54 AM
    I was installing it but I canceled it and now I wanna go back into the old OS but when I plug my phone in it says disconnected and it has the hour glass going. What can I do?
    08-11-08 02:20 AM
    okay so i just downloaded the desktop 4.5 and the OS 4.5 and first in my apploader my OS was nowhere to be found and then my blackberry could not be detected. can anyone help me? I'm about to try to uninstall both and reinstall the desktop and just leave the OS alone but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions first?
    08-15-08 10:44 AM
    okay so i just downloaded the desktop 4.5 and the OS 4.5 and first in my apploader my OS was nowhere to be found and then my blackberry could not be detected. can anyone help me? I'm about to try to uninstall both and reinstall the desktop and just leave the OS alone but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions first?

Check what you did with these steps:

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

The first 2 steps are not required but a good idea.
    08-15-08 10:54 AM
    ive tryd downloading them both but wen i go to hook up m bb it doesnt prompt me to up grade? can some one help
    08-25-08 05:04 PM
    Thanks Garz... I hesitantly upgraded to 4.5 today (about 1 hr) per Garz's instructions and it went flawless. Sure enjoy my new OS.

I do get a dialog now when connecting to desktop that it wants to upgrade certain modules. Should I? Also I can't seem to find the 'vendor.xml' file I deleted earlier.

You 'BlackHeads' are the best... thanks for this forum.
    03-26-09 07:34 PM
240 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD