can you send a link for 8330 m hybrid link please? [email protected]
    08-22-11 06:47 PM
    I don't know of any 8330m hybrids.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 06:53 PM
    I installed this OS using the instructions, and after installation, in "Options > About" it seems to be on the right version. Also, the Messaging app is newer as well.

But one of the bigger reasons why I updated to OS 5 was to get a newer (better) default theme. What I'm still is the old Dimension Zen theme on 4.5 and not the newer dark black/navy theme that should be on 5. In the "Themes" section, there's nothing other than a variety of Dimension themes and a Sprint theme.

What gives? Any response and help is highly appreciated.

EDIT: Problem semi-solved. Downloaded the latest Hybrid OS from BBTweaks and it works like a charm - maybe even better than what I was expecting/wanting. Wouldn't have been able to find out about BBT if I didn't browse these forums, though. Thanks CB!
    Last edited by span89; 09-02-11 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Problem semi-solved.
    09-02-11 03:39 PM
    i just recently returned to my BB curve 8330. I downloaded the os and installed it and deleted the vendor.xml but when I run loader.exe nothing happens. Is there something I'm missing?
    09-06-11 11:41 AM
    I've been trying to get this to work ALL day. I've done everything that it says to do on here, on pinstack, and on BBTweaks, and it still doesn't work. I checked even (triple checked) to make sure it was the right 8330, and it IS. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried all of the instructions I could find, I even tried CrackMem, and following it to the letter, it does absolutely NOTHING. I'm to the point where I just want to chuck the BB out the window and call it quits.
    10-13-11 10:35 PM
    I've been trying to get this to work ALL day. I've done everything that it says to do on here, on pinstack, and on BBTweaks, and it still doesn't work. I checked even (triple checked) to make sure it was the right 8330, and it IS. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried all of the instructions I could find, I even tried CrackMem, and following it to the letter, it does absolutely NOTHING. I'm to the point where I just want to chuck the BB out the window and call it quits.
    A few details such as error messages, or which steps are failing, might help us trouble shoot your problem.
    10-14-11 08:38 AM
    I have had models that refused to upgrade from one OS series to another without a wipe first. I strongly suggest you have both this OS and an OS4.5 both available on your PC, just in case it doesn't load OS5. Make sure and back up first, before you wipe.
    10-14-11 01:51 PM
    Is there a way to get this to work if my BB Curve 8330 isn't activated through Sprint? I get an error that the update won't work b/c my phone isn't activated. I'm pretty sure I've updated the OS before even though it wasn't activated. I only use it as a MP3 player and want to update the OS, so I can install a 32GB memory card b/c I only have an 8GB card installed.

Thanks,
    Lou
    11-17-11 10:06 AM
    Is there a way to get this to work if my BB Curve 8330 isn't activated through Sprint? I get an error that the update won't work b/c my phone isn't activated. I'm pretty sure I've updated the OS before even though it wasn't activated. I only use it as a MP3 player and want to update the OS, so I can install a 32GB memory card b/c I only have an 8GB card installed.

Thanks,
    Lou
    First I've run across an issue 4.5 to 5.0, but since you can't go 5.0 to 6.0 without being activated, would stand to reason you've run into the same issue. Not sure what RIM's reasoning is behind this, but there's no work-around I'm aware of.
    11-17-11 11:12 AM
    First I've run across an issue 4.5 to 5.0, but since you can't go 5.0 to 6.0 without being activated, would stand to reason you've run into the same issue. Not sure what RIM's reasoning is behind this, but there's no work-around I'm aware of.
    BigBadWulf,

Thanks for the reply. I currently have a Sprint HTC EVO 4G. Do you think it would be a big hassle to deactivate my Sprint HTC EVO 4G, reactivate my BB Curve 8330, update to OS 5, deactivate, reactivate Sprint HTC EVO 4G?

Also, I did a search on here but couldn't find any posts where BB Curve 8330 users have successfully used a 32GB microSDHC, so I just want to make sure it will work and not go through all of this for nothing.
    11-23-11 07:43 AM
    For a Verizon BB it is very easy to activate devices online. I would activate my backup BB to update the OS to the latest hybrid. Test everything out. Then activate my primary BB later that same day or the next day. I don't know about Sprint, though. Check their website to see if there is an online option to activate a new device or call customer support. Good luck!

11-23-11 07:57 AM
    Also, OS4.6 and up can use a 32Gb card. Keep in mind though, if it's loaded, it will be slow with that 8330 processor, no matter what the class is.
    11-23-11 08:48 AM
    I just reactivated my BB Curve 8330 w/ sprint and they said as long as I deactive it within 3 days, all charges will be refunded.

I updated my BB to OS 5 and it only took a few minutes and the rebooted and it shows I have 35MB free. I don't have anything installed on my BB and only use it as a MP3 player.

Anything I should check to make sure the update worked correctly b/c this just seemed way too easy? Everything seems to be working at normal speed. I really like the new layout.
    11-23-11 01:02 PM
    I just reactivated my BB Curve 8330 w/ sprint and they said as long as I deactive it within 3 days, all charges will be refunded.

I updated my BB to OS 5 and it only took a few minutes and the rebooted and it shows I have 35MB free. I don't have anything installed on my BB and only use it as a MP3 player.

Anything I should check to make sure the update worked correctly b/c this just seemed way too easy? Everything seems to be working at normal speed. I really like the new layout.
    Beyond the media player and SD working? In your case it wouldn't matter anyway. Glad the install went smooth, and Sprint was cooperative.
    11-23-11 01:48 PM
    My phone had Lag when it had installed that OS. Guys. Tell me how to fix it, please.

I think I have to clean the RAM Memory.

What do you say, guys?
    02-05-12 05:08 PM
    My phone had Lag when it had installed that OS. Guys. Tell me how to fix it, please.

I think I have to clean the RAM Memory.

What do you say, guys?
    What's your free memory? Any other 'symptoms'? Freezing? Rebooting?
    02-05-12 05:23 PM
    I installed this OS using the instructions, and after installation, in "Options > About" it seems to be on the right version. Also, the Messaging app is newer as well.

But one of the bigger reasons why I updated to OS 5 was to get a newer (better) default theme. What I'm still is the old Dimension Zen theme on 4.5 and not the newer dark black/navy theme that should be on 5. In the "Themes" section, there's nothing other than a variety of Dimension themes and a Sprint theme.

What gives? Any response and help is highly appreciated.

EDIT: Problem semi-solved. Downloaded the latest Hybrid OS from BBTweaks and it works like a charm - maybe even better than what I was expecting/wanting. Wouldn't have been able to find out about BBT if I didn't browse these forums, though. Thanks CB!
    I'm just the opposite. I like the Verizon zen theme better. So glad they didn't change it.
    02-28-12 12:46 PM
    I had to switch back to 4.5. The memory leak was getting pretty bad and I don't really download apps to my phone. Plus, I wasn't able to use my GPS which was getting annoying. So far, 4.5 is doing the job. The web browser is really the only thing I miss.
    03-26-12 02:51 PM
    Well, I don't know what I did, but I went back to OS 5 and the GPS now works. I haven't a clue why. But it is really nice to have OS 5 and a functional GPS. Best of both worlds now.
    05-06-12 10:19 PM
    First ensure you have a 8330 & not a 8330m.

Then go to BBTweaks.com & read the tutorial on how to install a hybrid. Download the latest hybrid an follow the tutorial exactly. Ensure you use Shrink-A-OS or you won't have enough memory when you're done.

BBTweaks.com is down.. wehere I can download the latest hybrid and find tutorial to Shrink-A-OS?
    07-27-12 07:33 PM
    I'm checking with my old BBTweaks cronies, but I don't know if we can find all the old files.I'll post back after I hear from them.
    07-27-12 07:57 PM
    Here's a link to the tutorial: https://www.box.com/shared/ed37f54eb45c6607e6ae. Still looking for the hybrid.
    07-27-12 08:04 PM
    thanks for your help. i'm waiting for the hybrid
    07-27-12 09:58 PM
    i found this
    8330 hybrid v438 22 0 1 - Indowebster.com
    8330 hybrid v438.20.5.exe - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    and this from lyricidal (www.bbh-plus.net) http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/public/8330-v2.0.exe

is this the latest hybrid? which one better? and how many free memory after installing OS?
    Last edited by khamim; 07-28-12 at 11:24 PM.
    07-28-12 11:19 PM
    Excellent! Use the v25. You should be good to go. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
    07-29-12 09:34 AM
631 ... 23242526
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD