Sorry. Use v22.
    07-29-12 09:35 AM
    Ahoy!

Having some issues with my upgrade. Have done it probably 5 times in the past with no issues, once on this particular phone (recently had to buy another as the first one tried to surf- yes, it's the exact same model).

Anyway. After backing everything up last night around 2am, went ahead with the wipe using BBSAK. Phone rebooted to the "Reload Software 507" screen, but BlackBerry Desktop Manager won't connect, ie

Followed instructions, first installed the base OS, 8330AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel724_PL3.5.0.44_A5.0.0.438_Boo st_Mobile.exe

and then the hybrid, 8330 Hybrid v438.22.0.1.exe on top, deleting the Vendor.xml file of course, and the Application Loader is .. empty. Have deinstalled/reinstalled the Base OS and hybrid OS several times hoping I somehow didn't get the directories right the first .. several times, but everything seems to check out. The first time I upgraded this phone was to the lyricidal hybrid build, which was about a week ago. No issues there. Had the BBTweaks hybrid installed on the first phone and preferred that over the other, which is how I ended up here.

(Here's a shot of the screen)

As for the error in the first screenshot, I read somewhere that disconnecting from the internet entirely helped some folks, but not me (yay..)

Any help?
    Last edited by ProoN; 09-06-12 at 04:40 PM.
    09-06-12 04:30 PM
    UPDATE:

Came across this page-

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

And it worked (I used JL_Cmder to wipe it last night as well, which is how I stumbled across that link to begin with)

Specifically running loader.exe with the /nojvm option via command line is what did it, for anyone else who may experience the same issue.

Apologies for the first post, thought I had tried everything until I came across that link.
    09-06-12 05:24 PM
    From reading thru the thread, I not sure if this is a good upgrade. I have an 8330 on the Telus network with 4.5.0.186 installed. Is this something that I can install on this phone? Telus website says there are no upgrades for the phone.
    11-17-12 01:21 PM
    From reading thru the thread, I not sure if this is a good upgrade. I have an 8330 on the Telus network with 4.5.0.186 installed. Is this something that I can install on this phone? Telus website says there are no upgrades for the phone.
    The only carrier to offer 5.0 for the 8330e was Boost. So long as you have an 8330e and not an 8330m, you can install it.

Whether it's a good idea, only you can judge. I highly recommend should you try it, that you shrink it first, and give it a couple days use, before deciding if it's right for you.
    PowderJockey likes this.
    11-17-12 11:01 PM
    The only carrier to offer 5.0 for the 8330e was Boost. So long as you have an 8330e and not an 8330m, you can install it.

Whether it's a good idea, only you can judge. I highly recommend should you try it, that you shrink it first, and give it a couple days use, before deciding if it's right for you.
    I think I will leave things as they are for now. I was just wanting some of the apps that are only available for OS 5 and up.

Thanks for the reply.
    11-17-12 11:47 PM
631 ... 242526
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD