This is actually a half rant/half help me post... I have had 5 (FIVE!) Blackberry 8320's in the last year. Each time it locked up and I followed all the tips and tricks I've found on CB and other FAQ sites (I'm a lurker lol), THEN called Blackberry Support. I know it's their job to walk you through the obvious, so 30 minutes each time with them or so. Then they send me a new one, 5th one now. I'm now outside my warranty and the phone locked up AGAIN! I did the whole OS wipe & restore and still the same problem. Keys, trackball etc don't work. If I plug it in to my laptop, the screen comes on for a brief moment then goes blank (power save). Only plugging it in to either the charger or USB triggers the screen. I officially HATE this phone. My wife is on her second Pearl (another software issue) which we just sold and she's now a Behold owner . I've never used 3rd party apps or games and I take VERY good care of them... never dropped, 3M Armor skins WITH thick cases just in case, no sunlight, nada.

Please if anyone has ANY help to offer, PM me. If I can't fix this by next week, I'm going to a G1 (2 guys at work have had ZERO problems since they first came out). Any advice before I decide to do a torture test on this phone?
    04-13-09 10:33 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I have never experienced a problem with either of my BlackBerrys.

The symptoms you describe are serious, resulting in loss of use until it has been replaced. The fact that you are using BlackBerry support means it was nothing simple that you, as a user, can repair.

Did they, at any point, advise re-installing the software that it shipped with?

These are the instructions that you can use to recover from a software failure.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

04-13-09 10:47 AM
    do you install the same third party apps to every device?
    04-13-09 10:47 AM
    I've never used 3rd party apps or games and
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.... i have had zero problems with my BB as of yet
    04-13-09 10:51 AM
    LOL Thanks Shaaaawn

As he said, no 3rd party applications. I use my phone for email, web support, organizer, etc. Basically just it's core functions. I didn't even use Facebook. As to "fixing" a nuked Berry, I did all that. With the battery in and out... I've reloaded the OS on every one BEFORE I called Support. I'm very hands-on and like to fix things when I can.

The Desktop Manager is version 4.3.1.whatever lol, basically I removed and re-downloaded both that and the OS. In fact I'm re-doing it again (3rd time) because I missed the part where you let the App Loader program go to USB:UNKNOWN. I didn't do that before because mine was NOT stuck in Reboot cycles so I waited for it to find the phone.

Like I said, the phone stays on fine, I can access the memory card via USB and the screen will come on for a short time whenever the Berry plugs in and the screen has all the icons, no errors. It's now doing the long boot up after re-installing the OS. Sorry for the long posts, I'm just a bit frustrated with Blackberry right now. We'll see in about 10-15 minutes if it worked this way, cross your fingers lol or we'll have a new video of a Curve Torture Test

EDIT: Well it reloaded, rebooted and none of the keys function It's back to the original startup screen, layout, etc. Nothing. Thanks to Blackberrys limited 1-year that just expired this last Feb. I am the proud owner of a BB Paperweight. My friend already claimed the Otterbox for his Verizon Curve (no problems there and he uses 3rd party stuff!). I doubt there's anything to be salvaged from it except the charger, battery and cases, so.... what should my torture test be? Run it over with a car? Paintball it? Launch it with my Spudzooka? Finish it off in a blender? All of the above in order?
    Last edited by Speedcult; 04-13-09 at 11:52 AM.
    04-13-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD