hi,
    i've been using my Curve for a few months, and haven't had a problem connecting to my laptop and having it recognized, but lately when i connect via USB, windows sees it under 'my computer' as 'Removable disc E', but when i try to open it to drag and drop, i get a message saying, "Please insert a disk into Drive E:". also, the BB media manager shows it's connected. in the left window, it shows the blackberry with it's internal memory and the media card, the PIN #, etc., but when i click on the media card, it tells me to activate mass storage, which is already activated. i've switched back and forth quite a few times to no avail. another issue, which may or may not be related, was a few weeks ago, before this problem, i had dragged a couple of new albums of mp3s, ripped from cds, and the BB's internal media player didn't see them. i have a 4 gb card installed. any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.
    thanx,
    george
    11-07-08 04:31 PM
    Have you tried just restarting your PC? What version DM are you running?
    11-07-08 04:36 PM
    Remove card, reset OS, put card back. This sometimes helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 04:39 PM
    i'm using DM 4.2.2.14, which came with it when i bought it in may, 08. used to work fine. and i've restarted a few times already. so i'll try removing the card and resetting the OS, which i think is done by removing the battery, right?
    hey thanx, you guys are really quick!
    gm
    11-07-08 04:47 PM
    Try downloading the newest DM, that might fix it. DM 4.6:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    11-07-08 04:50 PM
    hey guys,
    removing the card and battery, then reinstalling, has remedied 95% of my problems. thanx! windows explorer sees the BB, and when i open the BB device manager and media manager, they also see it. now my only problem is still that the phone's media player isn't seeing a handful of albums. maybe defragging would work? make sense? if not, i'll delete and reload them.
    once again, thanx,
    gm
    11-07-08 05:35 PM
    reformat the card. IMO it wasn't seating properly.
    11-07-08 05:44 PM
    I've seen discussions on other trouble shooting threads that refer to USB recognition issues. What comes to mind is reinstalling the BB USB drivers. Those could be available from BlackBerry or as noted above a BB DM (Desktop Manager) reinstalled could do the same for you. See how that goes...
    11-07-08 05:51 PM
    Glad you were able to solve your problems! Sometimes ripped music will be a problem. Since your device will see most of your files, except for a few copyrighted ones, I don't think you need to reformat -- and save and reinstall the files on your card.

You should try a file conversion program before formatting. I use Format Factory and it works well. It's free -- just Google it. I also recommend you get a copy of 4.6 DM. It works better than the version you have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 06:05 PM
    once again, thanx for all the useful and prompt help!
    gm
    11-07-08 06:09 PM
    exelant, thanx for the tip on Format Factory. looks great all around. now, DM 4.6 is for the pc, not the handheld, right?
    g
    11-07-08 06:13 PM
    Any time...
    11-07-08 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD