I'm using blackberry curve 8310. Is it lame if im still wearing this phone when a lot of new models of phone come and go? Sometimes, i feel a bit of jealousy when I see people using bold and storm. Haih.
    10-11-09 10:18 PM
    and were you just venting
    10-11-09 10:30 PM
    sounds like it .. regardless. . you get what phone work for you .. bottomline
    10-11-09 10:33 PM
    what do u mean?
    10-11-09 10:39 PM
    You you like it and it fits your needs, that's what matters.
    10-11-09 10:41 PM
    Unless you need something the newer phones offer (EVDO rA, more memory, etC) then what does it matter? The Tour, etc, all have a similar look/feel to the Curve. Very few deviate from that design overall. So if you dont need the enhancements, then it really doesn't matter.
    10-11-09 10:41 PM
    Do you like it, does it still get the job done?

Those are the most important factors you need to worry about.

As you are an 8310 user, your choices would be 8900 or Bold. Question is, can you afford to lay out the bucks to be 'cool'.

If ya can't afford to be cool, why bother?

Truthfully, I know several folks with bigger and 'better' who can't get half the things done I can with my Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 10:46 PM
    i feel more annoyed when everyone has one lol
    but other than that i will keep my phone
    10-11-09 10:47 PM
    if ur phone works then its not lame. lots of ppl still have curves..lol so ur not alone.

i mean u could *accidently* "run over" it and get a new snazzy berry LOL
    10-11-09 10:49 PM
    if ur phone works then its not lame. lots of ppl still have curves..lol so ur not alone.

i mean u could *accidently* "run over" it and get a new snazzy berry LOL
    or you can ship it to me and say it got stolen
    10-11-09 10:50 PM
    No,no they won't activate a stolen berry
    10-11-09 10:53 PM
    No,no they won't activate a stolen berry
    it's a 8310 it should still work lol
    10-11-09 10:55 PM
    fi real .. lets not let "which" phone you have be the stat quo .. BB is the lick .. just pick a model that suits your needs .. wonder if that was the plan all along..
    10-11-09 10:56 PM
    no i wouldnt say its lame at all because your still a BB user...but i do have to say after using my old 8320 for the past couple of days because im waiting for a replacement for my 8900 that mysteriously died....you are missing out on a TON of features the newer devices have to offer

like the resolution, the bigger screen the bigger memory capacity for apps better camera sleeker design more high quality build/design/feel/doesnt feel like plastic

but i mean DO NOT get me wrong the 83xxseries is still a badass BB i would never dawg it because i used it too :P
    10-11-09 10:57 PM
    Absolutly not. I know I'm with my Curve till its last day. There are still lots of people still buying the 83xx's.

10-11-09 11:14 PM
    Thanks guys,Im 17 and I will ask bold for my birthday and I dont think my parents will give it to me
    10-11-09 11:17 PM
    Thanks guys,Im 17 and I will ask bold for my birthday and I dont think my parents will give it to me
    wait for bold 2 lol
    10-11-09 11:18 PM
    I love my 8330 dude, and look at how many cool phones are coming to VZW not to mention the HTC Imagio that just released, the Palm Pre, Storm 2, Curve 8530, hopefully seeing any iPhone (does anyone know if we're still seeing one Q1 2010?), the curve is the most reliable phone I have ever had and I have a feeling that will not change. This is my first smartphone and first Blackberry, but it will always be my backup phone just in case.

10-11-09 11:54 PM
    IMHO, envy is lame, but expected. We all get a bit of gadget envy from time to time. That said, no need to go out and spend a ****-load of money for the next-gen phone mid-contract just so you don't feel like you have an "old phone".

It's more lame to live beyond you means than to have an older phone. When your contract is up, get the best upgrade phone you can afford that meets your needs. Then, get the best themes and apps you can find for free/afford. Pimp out your phone with stuff people with money just don't understand.

Finally, if it's gonna be a while before you can get a new phone, maybe put a new housing/case/skin on it to make it unique.
    10-12-09 12:17 AM
    Every so often I feel like my curve is outdated, but then I see that it still fits my needs. You can still put a lot of apps on it and different wallpapers which make it personal and like the last poster said, you can always change the housing to make it look better.
    10-12-09 01:25 AM
    Sorry, I meant kidafrika's suggestion. Cheers.
    10-12-09 01:27 AM
    Don't get caught up in the hype, the curve is an awesome platform
    10-12-09 01:34 AM
    at least you don't have an iphone. thats lame.
    10-12-09 01:10 PM
    I'm using blackberry curve 8310. Is it lame if im still wearing this phone when a lot of new models of phone come and go? Sometimes, i feel a bit of jealousy when I see people using bold and storm. Haih.
    And how many times while you are talking on your phone, are you looking around to see who happens to be looking at your phone? Now look around while noticing other's phones while they are using them, are crowds of people standing slack jawed in awe of the phones they are using?

If you want a new phone buy one. If having a new phone is all about it's look, buy a different one for each day of the week if you must.

But to answer your question, nope... it's only lame if you carry a phone around that does not have a battery in it, and does not actually work. Only slightly lame if you carry a phone around to use as a clock, but at least it has a use. (and yes I know several people that use their phones as just a clock)
    Last edited by BlkBear; 10-12-09 at 03:28 PM.
    10-12-09 03:25 PM
    Totally lame. Jk. I use an 8820, but gave it up when I got a great deal on an 8310. I loved the **** out of it until it broke, I'd get another one but ppl are nuts trying to sell them for $150 and such. Back to my 8820 until new curves get cheaper. If I could get a nice 83xx for a decent price I'd jump on it. Besides, its not like you're using a pearl.

10-12-09 05:03 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD