I just got my brand new Curve on Tuesday. I uploaded my backup file from my Pearl onto the Curve also on Tuesday.
    Within the last 24hours(ish) the phone has been super sluggish and has been showing me an hourglass often. Could this be caused by me having too much junk on the internal memory?
    What kinds of things are stored in the internal memory that I could get rid of?

EDIT: Things that I could get rid of OTHER than the usuals like the sample video, preloaded pictures, and other B.S. like that.
    Last edited by ekozy1; 12-04-08 at 01:46 PM.
    12-04-08 01:28 PM
    What does your file free show?

Options>Status

If below 12000000 (12MB) it will cause some unusual problems like hour glass poping up randomly and it acting slow. What OS are you running?

Options>About
    12-04-08 02:10 PM
    I got this phone (the crimson one) to use until the one I wanted (titanium) came in (coincidentally today) so I haven't wasted my time upgrading the OS. I'm running 4.3 on this one as Sprint hasn't officially released 4.5 yet.
    Once I get the titanium phone, I'll be upgrading to 4.5 and getting Docs 2 Go and HTML email (I'm dying without those as it is).

I forgot that I had about 9 pictures on internal memory, so I just moved those to my memory card. I've got 35225791 bytes free of 83623936 total.
    I don't think the phone should be running as slow as it is based upon that.
    When I get home from work, I'm going to see about transferring all the ringtones that I have on internal memory over to my memory card. That should help. Hopefully it'll take care of the sluggishness.
    12-04-08 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD