I just recently purchased one of these cards so I could put lots of music on it. So I got home, popped it in with no problem and the BlackBerry curve reads and writes on it no problem. I currently save all my camera pictures and ringtones on it with an ease. But for some reason when I load it up with about 4GB of my music, my blackberry seems to run a little slow. The music player for completely slows down and doesnt load up all the music. And when I'm in my home screen, the trackballs acts all choppy. All my music are in complete albums and are separated in folders. Does it take time for the BB to read the whole card and get used to it or something? Does anyone have any idea what the heck it could be? Thanks.
    01-06-09 09:27 PM
    Yes there is a substantial delay reading the media files. The larger the card the worse the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 09:29 PM
    But once it all reads it and loads up will the home screen be fast again? It's just annoying that having a lot of files on the media card causes the whole blackberry os to slow down
    01-06-09 09:32 PM
    What I don't get is why the heck is the whole OS lagging and I dont even have any applications running? And this only occurs when I have like the 1.8GB of files on the card.
    01-06-09 10:53 PM
    The initial indexing of all the files on your Media Card will "slow down" the device

But, after that stage things should become better. There may be a little hitch in the giddy-up... but it will still be better than what you have now during the indexing phase
    01-06-09 11:06 PM
    I think the indexing finally passed lmao. BB seems fine now. Thank you very much for your input.
    01-06-09 11:09 PM
    You are trying to read 4G of data using "few" MB's of memory. Its like putting 2 liter engine in SUV. It has to be slow.

01-07-09 05:19 AM
    I put about 3 or 4 gigs worth of pics and music on my 8gb card. It took awhile for the phone to initially process all the new files. Once the scanning was complete, things are normal again.

There is a slight lag when opening pictures where the device says "loading." This is normal, right?

01-07-09 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD