It looks like a friggin' toy! I love the screen, I love the keyboard. Sending text messages is so fast and easy now. But the phone looks like a toy. And the camera is horrible.

I also dislike the fact that (according to numerous people) I have to change trackball every few months.
    06-05-10 04:11 PM
    Why did you purchase a device that you did not like the looks of?

Not everyone needs to change trackballs every couple months. Some folks never need to change them at all.

If you dislike the 8320's appearance and trackball, you can take it back and get the 8520. It has a lot more memory and a trackpad instead of a trackball.
    Last edited by lak611; 06-05-10 at 05:17 PM. Reason: typo
    06-05-10 04:28 PM
    Lak611 has an accurate responce, and in the same line of comments, why did you buy a device model that is already a few years old?

The 8520 is much newer, as are other BB models, and more new devices are due out this year. If you like BB you would probably enjoy a newer model considerably more. Best of luck to you.
    06-05-10 04:47 PM
    Yeah if you just bought an 8320 you made a real bad choice. Its so old and is about to be more tyen obsolete. With blackberry os6 coming out the 8300 series can't even run os 5 (aside from an 8330 but its very slow and takes up way more room then it should)

Seriously take it back and spend the extra 20 bucks for the 8500 series bare minimum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 06:01 PM
    Why did you purchase a device that you did not like the looks of?

Not everyone needs to change trackballs every couple months. Some folks never need to change them at all.

If you dislike the 8320's appearance and trackball, you can take it back and get the 8520. It has a lot more memory and a trackpad instead of a trackball.
    Yeah if you just bought an 8320 you made a real bad choice. Its so old and is about to be more tyen obsolete. With blackberry os6 coming out the 8300 series can't even run os 5 (aside from an 8330 but its very slow and takes up way more room then it should)

Seriously take it back and spend the extra 20 bucks for the 8500 series bare minimum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I bought it because I thought it was cheap (150 dollars new and unlocked from ebay). But after I started frequenting this board I now see I paid too much for it. When I reach the 10 post limit count I'll bid on an 8530 or maybe an 8900. I should be able to get one in good shape (9/10) for 200 dollars (excluding shipping to Norway) right?
    06-06-10 05:03 AM
    The phone you have bought is, to say the least, not the latest device available.

Newer devices have better features.

The camera on your phone is not very good. On my phone it is quite good.

On the other hand the 8320 is a good solid device. It won't go wrong very often and if you update it to the latest Operating System you will have a few more features to play with.

Stick around here and we can help you get the best from your new phone as it is now (but we can't do anything about the camera) and we can help you to learn what will be the best next step for you.
    06-06-10 06:18 AM
    I bought it because I thought it was cheap (150 dollars new and unlocked from ebay). But after I started frequenting this board I now see I paid too much for it. When I reach the 10 post limit count I'll bid on an 8530 or maybe an 8900. I should be able to get one in good shape (9/10) for 200 dollars (excluding shipping to Norway) right?
    You need the 8520, not the 8530, since your carrier is GSM, not CDMA. The 8530 is CDMA only and does not take a SIM card.
    06-06-10 10:51 AM
    I've had my 8320 for 8 months, and my trackball still works fine. I don't think it
    looks like a toy... but that's my opinion.
    06-06-10 02:49 PM
    Oh, I agree about the camera, but as a phone, I think the 8320 does a great job.
    06-06-10 02:51 PM
    send it to me my wife would love all of it. i just added a dvd lens ontop of my camera and now i get macro photos.
    06-06-10 03:37 PM
    send it to me my wife would love all of it. i just added a dvd lens ontop of my camera and now i get macro photos.
    How did you do that? Teach me.
    06-06-10 05:42 PM
    I never had a single problem with my trackball in the 2 years that I used my 8330. Be mindful of your fingers and don't use the trackball while you're eating. I can't agree with the camera quality comment because I happen to feel that the pictures are fantastic for a 2-year-old 2MP cell phone camera. There are comparisons here on CB that offer a side-by-side look at pictures taken by a Curve and a newer BB that has the 3.2MP camera.

As others have mentioned, yes, you massively overpaid for your 8320. Unfortunately, you can try to return the phone, or you can sell it for a loss.

What you have now is a sturdy, reliable device that could last you another year without trouble. Another two years? I'm not so sure. Regardless, the 83XX models are hard to beat in terms of durability and battery life. I can't speak for the newer Curves, but my 8330 can still go two days without a charge. That's impressive and valuable to me.
    06-07-10 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD