Hi all.
    The bb 8320 is somewhat an "old" device with an old device OS (4.5), however for my humble needs it's more than OK. One of the problems I'm facing is the fact that I need a cross platform messenger and Whatsapp has stop functioning a while back on this device. I've tried Nimbuzz but it kept freezing my device until I stumbled upon Kik Messenger.

Kik Messenger is very similar to BBM but...as Kik homepage states it is compatible with devices from OS 4.6 and that means no 8320 there...but...I decided to give it a shot anyway and to install the 5.2.3 version from the site itself (I selected the BB 8330 device...).

I must say that as far as the application itself everything is working smoothly, the app is very fast and it seems that the fact of not having the right OS is no great problem for Kik, most importantly the device is NOT freezeng up on me. However....I noticed the battery life is shorter....which means that I have to recarge often (once a day instead of once every day and a half and sometimes even 2 days).

Having said that it "seems" for now that version 5.2.3 (and if I'm not misteaking it is NOT the most recent version) runs smoothly even on devices with OS 4.5. Has anyone tried that yet?

Cheers,
    Elio
    04-05-13 09:24 AM
    You are trying it and letting us know. Hopefully other can chime in also. Anyone else using Kik on a pre 4.6 BB? You are aware of the limitation right? Sometimes the messages are delayed.
    04-10-13 01:25 PM