I was trying to manage my FaceBook notifications when Facebook launched my browser took about 4 minutes running script and then notified me that the certificate for the application was expired. I told it to trust the certficate and then it prompted me for my KeyStore password. Something like the application is requesting your KeyStore password to continue. And the name says Research In Motion. Then I tried to close that and come to CrackBerry for help and when I clicked on the "New Crackberry Forums" here I got the same window popping up asking for my KeyStore password to continue requested by RIM.

What is my KeyStore password for? Why would my browser keep asking for it? Should I be afraid? This is the second time I recall this happening on my Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-08 12:50 AM
    I tried to direct my browser to Orb just a few minutes ago and it prompted me for my KeyStore Password again.

Anybody know why it keeps asking me this? Is it the browser that is asking me or the site I am visiting? Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    07-14-08 02:57 PM
    There doesn't seem to be a simple, straight-forward answer to your question. I used the google search string "site: forums.crackberry.com key store password" and found many posts, most ending in confusion. Here's a sample: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/keys...rd-help-20878/ The question seems to come up only when something else is wrong. The vast majority of users never encounter it. So, what can you do?

First, if you have a password set on your blackberry, try that. If that works, you're good.

Second, go to Options/Security Options/Key Stores/. When I go there, I get prompted to "Please choose a new key store password:" I hit "cancel" and return to options. If you are being forced to create a key store password, try creating one there.

Let us know what happens.
    07-14-08 11:56 PM
    Thank you for your help. I will see what I can find.
    07-15-08 12:19 AM

Second, go to Options/Security Options/Key Stores/. When I go there, I get prompted to "Please choose a new key store password:" I hit "cancel" and return to options. If you are being forced to create a key store password, try creating one there.

Let us know what happens.
    That's what I did, and it lets me straight in. But, I have no idea what the keystore does.
    06-01-10 11:18 AM
    The key store is working storage for the BlackBerry OS, somewhat analagous to the temp dir in Windows. However, a critical difference between the BlackBerry OS and Windows is the security function in the BlackBerry OS will wipe all the information from your BlackBerry if the key store security is compromised. That's what you have to be concerned about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD