Hey guys,

I got an 8310 and about 75% of the keys are not working... I ordered a new keyboard tray and pad... will replacing this fix the problem or do you think it is my mainboard? my keypad is fine it is just not registering anything...

any input would be helpful!

cyph3r
    05-21-09 10:00 PM
    I would take it to the store of your provider and have them issue another
    05-21-09 10:14 PM
    Hey guys,

I got an 8310 and about 75% of the keys are not working... I ordered a new keyboard tray and pad... will replacing this fix the problem or do you think it is my mainboard? my keypad is fine it is just not registering anything...

any input would be helpful!

cyph3r
    but if you want to fix/replace it yourself then it should help your problem but be sure not to strip your screws
    05-21-09 10:15 PM
    kk thx.... shipping from hong kong.... so i wont know for another 7-10 business days lol... i hate waiting.. but they were pretty cheap and didnt see anyone local to get parts from (which is funny cuz i am 30mins away from RIM headquarters)
    05-21-09 10:51 PM
    Do the keys on your current keyboard physically click? If every key clicks down normally but it's just not registering, I don't think a new keyboard would really be of much help...
    05-21-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD