I bought my verizon 8330 not even 2 hours ago and I'm already having issues.

The keypad and trackball won't light up.

The timer icon thing keeps coming up randomly and it keeps freezing.

Plus I can't figure out how to find and change ringtones.

Help please??
    05-21-09 08:26 PM
    What have you put on the device in the first two hours? Also try doing a battery reset.

With the device turned on, pull the battery for about 15 seconds and reinsert it.
    05-21-09 08:28 PM
    First, return the phone if the keypad and trackball lights won't light up! Same thing for the constant freezing! It shouldn't do that if you just got it!

To change ringtones, go to Profiles>>Advanced>>"Active" Profile, all your options will show up (ie Phone, SMS, MMS etc), click on it and change Tone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 08:30 PM
    I added Pandora and Facebook.
    05-21-09 08:42 PM
    try a battery pull
    05-21-09 09:15 PM
    Put your finger over the LED and see if the lights come on

05-22-09 09:49 AM
    I added Pandora and Facebook.
    Remove facebook. This app can cause everything you are experiencing.
    05-22-09 09:52 AM
    Agreed on covering the LED, I think their must be a light sensor... I was looking everywhere for a light setting for the trackball keyboard and then I accidently covered the LED and bam on came the lights. No way that I know of to set them as always on.
    05-22-09 11:15 AM
    There is a light sensor where you LED is at and when there is light showin on it the keypad and trackball won't light up. Cover that thing up and it should work...and in dark places it works.

Also Facebook is your problem when you see you timer icon all the time. Remove Facebook and you should have tons of free memory and it should work correctly. Remember to restart your BB after you delete the app.
    05-22-09 11:18 AM
    Do a battery pull after installing anything. If you are still exsperiancing those problems after a pull remove facebook. That can cause problems. If you remove facebook and still have those problems then take it back and get another one.

05-22-09 12:02 PM
    I'm such an ***** XD
    I was freaking out that it wouldn't light up until my dad was like "Uhh, Sam? You know there's a light sensor?" Ahahaha. Oops.

As for the timer thing, I'm going to try removing FB. I like using FB on the web anyways, it's much easier and nicer than the app.

Thanks guys
    05-22-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD