My husband's BlackBerry� Curve� 8330 is not responding to the keyboard or trackball. He said it did not get wet and I checked the inside and all the stickers are white. The phone is not under warranty and we are 3 months away from upgrade eligibility so we would prefer to just make do with something. I have an old BB 7520 that I was hoping to use but the cards on the 2 phones are not the same size. If we take the phones into sprint can they transfer the info from his existing card to the one on the7520?
    04-06-10 08:56 PM
    You say that the device did not get wet. But was it exposed to ANY moisture at all? Even a little tiny bit?

Steamy bathroom, sweaty pocket, wet hands, wet hair, heavy dew, other high high humidity environment?

Even if the moisture stickers are white, the keyboard contacts can have moisture corrosion. What you are describing sounds like classic moisture damage on the keyboard contacts.

The 7520 is an iDEN device. You might be able use it on Nextel's iDEN network (note that it's a six year old device) but not on the Sprint network.
    04-06-10 09:42 PM
    Do you think it is possible to get them to set up the phone with his number? You are right that it was with Nextel when I used that phone previously but they merged or whatever.
    04-06-10 10:17 PM
    The companies merged but the network technologies (iDEN vs CDMA) are completely different and not compatible.

You would need to contact Customer Service to find out. My guess is that you will not be able to do it because it would require a different service contract. But calling is the only way to find out definitively.
    04-07-10 06:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD