My wifes Curve is qwerky at times, the keyboard doesnt light up all the time, is this a setting or something or what should i do?

THanks

btw... this is a new phone (8330) and it has 4.5.0.77 on it, is there any newer OS for it?
    04-13-09 11:39 AM
    The curve has to be in a dark enough spot to light up. There is a light sensor that the blackberry measures light, if it's dark enough then it will turn on the keypad.
    04-13-09 12:10 PM
    This is a really nice feature since it actually helps to use less of your battery for the backlight since we all know if you have the backlight on all the time it runs the battery down fast.
    04-13-09 09:44 PM
    yeah you shouldn't need the backlight when it is visible.
    04-13-09 10:01 PM
    Wife has bad eyes, shed prefer it to be on all the time when using, anyway to adjust that?
    04-13-09 11:19 PM
    Cover the LED at the top of your BB with your finger. That is where the light sensor is. The BB backlight will go to maximum brightness.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 01:04 AM
    I'm kind of experiencing the same problem. I have the 8310 curve and recently just upgraded to the latest v4.5 OS three days ago. After reconfiguring all my settings and restoring all my data after the upgrade, I noticed that my keyboard/trackball were not lighting up. My settings were set to 100% brightness and "automatically dim backlight" was turned OFF. I called my service provider's tech support and now they are sending me a new device. The tech said it might have been just a "faulty hardware device"

But this didn't happen before I did the OS upgrade. And I'm finding time to time when the backlight is suppose to be on, its not. And then suddenly it works.

Can anyone explain this? And also tell me where the light sensor thing is located on the curve?

04-14-09 01:22 AM
    the sensor is in the same spot as the LED.
    04-14-09 01:38 AM
    Like I posted above, cover the LED window with your finger. The backlight and trackball should get bright.

04-14-09 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD