I used to religiously use the shortcut (ALT+enter arrow) to quickly lock my keyboard. Now it no longer works for me, but rather, that shortcut now takes me somewhere else (usually messages, sometimes sms and sometimes calendar or browser). I've tried a battery pull and also a different theme, but niether of those have worked. I know I can use the left or right buttons and assign it to keyboard lock, but I would rather not do that if I can get the shortcut working again. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 12:14 AM
    Turn off Dialing From Homescreen and then all you will need to
    do is press the letter K

Press the call button > press menu > select options > general
    options > scroll to Dial From Home Screen > press t/ball and
    select NO
    11-05-08 12:16 AM
    go to phone>options>general options>scroll to dial from home screen and change it to "no". now when your on ur homescreen just press on the letter k to lock your phone.
    11-05-08 12:17 AM
    Thanks for your prompt replies. I don't really want to turn off dialing from the homescreen, though.

I think my problem might be that I upgraded to 4.5 and that ALT+enter does not work on 4.5 to lock the keyboard like it did on 4.2. Can anyone confirm this?

11-05-08 12:26 AM
    Thanks for your prompt replies. I don't really want to turn off dialing from the homescreen, though.

I think my problem might be that I upgraded to 4.5 and that ALT+enter does not work on 4.5 to lock the keyboard like it did on 4.2. Can anyone confirm this?

11-05-08 12:32 AM
    wow.....thanks for the inof.....it works....now jsut press "k" and it is much more convenient....and easier....thanks mate
    11-05-08 12:46 AM
    I'm having the same problem... If you're using the Verison theme... you can still use the alt+ent shortcut if you press the menu button first...(the one that makes all your icons available to scroll through)...

im pretty bummed about that as well so you're not alone... i have the 8830 World Edition so i really dont have a solution...

if anyone can help me i would be stoked... thanks!
    05-28-09 04:09 PM
    sweet, it worked..i love it
    05-28-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD