I am new to the blackberry world. I have a new curve (< 1 month) and I have found that the "L" key does not always work. It is intermittent, but it seems that if you press it fairly hard it will work, but if you press it with normal firmness, it only sometimes works. Any advice?
    09-30-08 07:31 AM
    If it's less than a month, you can probably take it back to the store and get a new one.
    09-30-08 07:35 AM
    I turned on my new BB Bold yesterday night. After some playing with settings I realized that the "L" key did not respond with the same clicking sound as all other keys, but was silent. The key works and types "l"s, but no audible response makes the typing challenging. You really need to remember not to press hard or not to hold the key long; otherwise you will end up with a row of �l�s.

I will try to replace it. The store is out of stock and I have to wait.

I have had Curve for a year and a half and have not had any problem with the keyboard.
    12-24-08 10:11 AM
    not a problem for me, if it's less then a month, take it bacl<.
    12-24-08 03:15 PM
    i have the curve 8330 from sprint but i am having this problem with my letter J it works if i make sure i press it firmly but when in fast text typying mode i forget to push it and always miss the letter
    12-24-08 04:06 PM
    I just had this same problem, and I posted about it a couple days ago. Same button, same situation. Just take it back to Sprint (or your provider) and they will exchange it right away for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 04:41 PM
    I have the same issue with my "l" key. I just don't have the time to go in and swap my phone. I'll get around to it tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 10:00 PM
    I replaced my Bold. The "l" on the new one works fine. I hope this is a random defect you may have with any device.
    01-02-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD