Hello CB community,

Let me start by thanking everyone here for the countless threads and forums I've been reading on. There's so much information on here and the community is so tight, I love it.

I'm a recent owner of an 8330 and have been loving it for about 3 months now. Long story short, the keyboard locked up on me and I was a victim of the (apparently) very common problem of moisture getting into the device and corroding some of the keyboard leads.

Sprint deemed my phone water damaged (The trackball water indicator was slightly red [damn]) but opened it up and cleaned off the leads and the keyboard works now. Thanks for that because now I don't have to pay the $100 deductible.

However, when they put my BB back together, it doesn't seem quite right. My "I", "F", and "L" keys need some extra strokes to get them to input. Annoying when you're a texting/e-mailing fiend like myself.

My question to the community is, is there anyway I can take this beast apart and fix it? Is it as simple as re-aligning the outside plastic? Do I have to wipe down those leads for corrosion? Do I have to buy a new keyboard? Let me know! Thanks!
    11-27-09 09:34 PM
    Well sometime ago i have a friend of mine that have a little diferent issue, but when i open it the heyboard was broken, so what i can tell you is, open see if your keyboard is ok, make a clean, if its broken change it, go to youtube a try a turorial on how to dismantle a curve, that will help, try to have the rigth tools

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD