Hi,
    I'm a new kid to all this, but my blackberry keyboard doesn't work. None of the buttons work at all. The scroll ball works, but that's all. I've been told to reset it with the Desktop Software, but that didn't work either. There's nothing I can think so to do. Help anyone? WARRANTY IS UP and No Insurance. So I Can't Get Another.

Thanks,

Kegan S.
    Last edited by Kegan; 09-01-08 at 05:37 PM.
    08-31-08 04:22 PM
    If the keyboard doesn't work at all, you should ask your carrier to replace your device.
    08-31-08 04:27 PM
    i agree... a berry isn't much of anything without a keyboard
    08-31-08 04:31 PM
    How long ago did you buy the BB and from where? Was it brand new or used? If it was brand new at purchase and the KB no longer works and there is no water damage that could be blamed for it then it would be covered under warranty. The warranty is for 1 year from the date of purchase. As long as you haven't done anything that voids the warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 01:47 AM
    Hi,
    I'm a new kid to all this, but my blackberry keyboard doesn't work. None of the buttons work at all. The scroll ball works, but that's all. I've been told to reset it with the Desktop Software, but that didn't work either. There's nothing I can think so to do. Help anyone? Warranty is up and No Insurance. So I Can't Get Another.

Thanks,

Kegan S.
    Your post doesnt say how long you've been having this problem. With the phone on, have you taken the battery out for 30 seconds?
    09-01-08 01:56 AM
    The keyboard stopped working about 2 weeks ago. I've had to borrow an old motorola for now. The warranty is up, like I said. When the keyboard first stopped working it would freeze up for a couple minutes then have a delay but it worked. Then finally it wouldn't work at all. I don't upgrade until January 10th. So, there is nothing I can really do, unless someone has some USEFUL information . Also, It was purchased through the ATT Website

Thanks Again,
    Kegan S.
    Last edited by Kegan; 09-01-08 at 05:27 PM.
    09-01-08 05:21 PM
    RIM has a 1 year warranty on all devices. Please call your carrier and explain to them your keyboard doesn't work. They will send you a replacement.

09-01-08 05:31 PM
    The warranty is up. And no insurance.
    Last edited by Kegan; 09-01-08 at 05:53 PM.
    09-01-08 05:51 PM
    How long ago did you buy the phone?
    09-01-08 05:52 PM
    It was well over a year ago. I honestly can't remember when I purchased it.
    09-01-08 05:54 PM
    Then my suggestion, if a battery pull didn't work is that you need to buy a new blackberry.
    09-01-08 06:02 PM
    Or, maybe there's dirt in there....if you feel comfortable and have the right tools, take it apart and try blowing some air through it.
    09-01-08 06:03 PM
    Alright, well thank you for helping.
    09-01-08 06:04 PM
    I still think you should call and see if AT&T can do anything for you or not.
    09-01-08 08:37 PM
    You could replace the KB assuming it's not some other part like circuit that has gone bad. It would tide you over to your upgrade time. Or you can use the substitute until the upgrade.

You might be able to pressure them into an early upgrade. My old phone broke and I had about 9 months before my 2 year upgrade with sprint. I pressured them into an early upgrade to keep me as a happy customer. Its worth a shot since there are no other options.

I would also recommend getting insurance on the new one whenever you get it. Unless the deductable is over $100 it will be cheaper than buying a new one for 2+ years. Plus things like KB going bad carrier technicians will repair at no cost to you if you have insurance at least as far as I'm aware. But if repair is not possible they will replace.

09-01-08 11:15 PM
    You could try reinstallin the OS. Its a long shot but you never kno.. Maybe the OS got screwed up somewhere
    09-01-08 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD