Me and two of my friends have 8330 on sprint andall three keep reseting, about 5-6 times already today. this just started today and i have no idea what's going on. Is this happening to anybody else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 11:58 AM
    Check options>Status>File free. What does it say? If you are low on memory this will happen. Make sure you properly close apps through the menu not just using the back button. Too many apps running in the background could drain memory and battery. What OS are you running? Perhaps an upgrade will help.

01-04-10 12:21 PM
    Memory is good and It doesn't go down before it resets. It will reset and as soon as it gets past security verification it will reset again and in the middle of calls. But its not just mine and neither has a ton of apps on there phons. are we the only ones?

01-04-10 12:48 PM
    Mem was about 6880000 Bytes befor a reset

01-04-10 12:50 PM
    nope yall aren't. mine does the same thing. it randomly resets quite often. i have an alltel curve 8330 but my service is technically verizon now. my memory is great after a reset i'll have like 45mb & throughout the day it drops between 32-36mb. my OS is .127 i did upgrade to .169 but the ringers stopping got on my nerves. mine also does that jvm error ALOT and sometimes i can leave battery out & it wont make me restore the entire OS but sometimes i have to. its SO ANNOYING!!!!
    01-04-10 12:59 PM
    I have .131. But this just started today and I have not upgraded recently or installed any apps

01-04-10 01:05 PM
    Mem was about 6880000 Bytes befor a reset

That is low, 7MB is a low file free. You must not be closing/exiting out of your apps properly. When done with your apps, press Menu, select close or Exit.

Also, if you have thousands of email/SMS messages on your BB, it is time to delete some of the older stuff.

Lastly, your memory card could have a corrupted file/filesystem on it. That would cause random and spontaneous reboots/shutdowns/freezing as well.
    01-04-10 01:13 PM
    That is low, 7MB is a low file free. You must not be closing/exiting out of your apps properly. When done with your apps, press Menu, select close or Exit.

Also, if you have thousands of email/SMS messages on your BB, it is time to delete some of the older stuff.

Lastly, your memory card could have a corrupted file/filesystem on it. That would cause random and spontaneous reboots/shutdowns/freezing as well.
    You should try to keep memory at least 10MB. If it gets too low, in addition to the random reboots, your phone will start deleting your messages on its own to try to get more memory.

01-04-10 01:27 PM
    Do a forum search for the thread on memory optimization. That will help you.

01-04-10 01:28 PM
    how can you find out if your memory card has a corrupted file on it?
    01-04-10 01:29 PM
    Me and two of my friends have 8330 on sprint andall three keep reseting, about 5-6 times already today. this just started today and i have no idea what's going on. Is this happening to anybody else?

I'm Having the same problem but its when I'm on the phone for more than 30mins it auto resets. 5.0 OS
    01-04-10 01:31 PM
    how can you find out if your memory card has a corrupted file on it?
    Easiest way is to remove the memory card. If the problem(s) goes away, then move your files off the card and reformat the card in the BB (Options, Media Card, Menu, Format Card), then move your files back to the card in small groups, test, move more files, test, repeat till you find a problematic file, or all your files are back on your card.
    01-04-10 01:37 PM
    I'm Having the same problem but its when I'm on the phone for more than 30mins it auto resets. 5.0 OS
    Your battery could be going bad. The radio transmitter is a high drain on your battery. Plug your BB into a charger and make/take a long call. If the BB doesn't reboot, then it is most likely time for a new battery.
    01-04-10 01:39 PM
    Yeah I have experienced the random reboots and message deletion. But this is different. Before if I was heavily using my phone it would reset maybe 2-3 times, today it has already reset about 30times! I have deleted a couple apps and I do know how to properly close an app, but to no avail

01-04-10 01:42 PM
    I was having the problem for the past 2 weeks. Verizon had me wipe my phone and just reload my contacts threw sync with outlook (not everything like when doing a backup threw blackberry desktop manager). Im trying that and if it keeps doing it, im gettin a new phone.

I can give instructions on how i did the wipe if you would like.
    Last edited by binkyj1101; 01-04-10 at 01:51 PM.
    01-04-10 01:47 PM
    I was having the problem for the past 2 weeks. Verizon had me wipe my phone and just reload my contacts threw sync with outlook (not everything like when doing a backup threw blackberry desktop manager). Im trying that and if it keeps doing it, im gettin a new phone.

I can give instructions on how i did the swipe if you would like.
    how did they tell you to do it? sure why not lol maybe i should try it. i'm just tired of doing all these wipes & reloads & the same problems keep occuring. i'm starting to wonder if it is my phone. i still have my alltel 8330 and i'm scared to do a claim or get a new one and get a verizon one and it be worse than my alltel one. idk if they are about equal tho.
    01-04-10 01:51 PM
    Yeah I have experienced the random reboots and message deletion. But this is different. Before if I was heavily using my phone it would reset maybe 2-3 times, today it has already reset about 30times! I have deleted a couple apps and I do know how to properly close an app, but to no avail

Take the memory card out when the power is still on (battery pull), then reinstall the battery, without the memory card, and let it boot up. See if the rebooting problem goes away with the card out of your BB.
    01-04-10 01:52 PM
    how did they tell you to do it? sure why not lol maybe i should try it. i'm just tired of doing all these wipes & reloads & the same problems keep occuring. i'm starting to wonder if it is my phone. i still have my alltel 8330 and i'm scared to do a claim or get a new one and get a verizon one and it be worse than my alltel one. idk if they are about equal tho.
    They originally had me do a backup and wipe my phone, then reload the backup. But usually its a error in one of your programs or apps. So thats why you want to wipe it clean.

They had me sync my blackberry with outlook to save my contacts only.

Then went into options-Secruity Options. Go to general settings. Hit your blackberry button and choose "Wipe handheld" Choose 3rd party apps and continue. It will wipe it to factory and then once it reboots add your contacts back from outlook.
    01-04-10 02:00 PM
    They originally had me do a backup and wipe my phone, then reload the backup. But usually its a error in one of your programs or apps. So thats why you want to wipe it clean.

Then went into options-Secruity Options. Go to general settings. Hit your blackberry button and choose "Wipe handheld" Choose 3rd party apps and continue. It will wipe it to factory and then once it reboots add your contacts back from outlook.
    so wiping it this way (instead of wiping it using these programs crackberry suggest) wipes it back to the exact way.. OS & all.. as your phone came with when you bought it?

so i'm guessing you didn't install any of the themes or apps back on there that you had before the wipe huh?

have you been able to tell any difference? in speed, battery, etc.
    01-04-10 02:04 PM
    so wiping it this way (instead of wiping it using these programs crackberry suggest) wipes it back to the exact way.. OS & all.. as your phone came with when you bought it?

so i'm guessing you didn't install any of the themes or apps back on there that you had before the wipe huh?

have you been able to tell any difference? in speed, battery, etc.
    Yea just back to factory out of the box settings. if you keep doing a backup and restore, the problem wont fix. Its usually just a bug or error in one of your programs, app or something you put on the phone. So if you do a backup when your phone is messed up, it will keep doing it again.

It sucked losing all my settings, but yea i had to reinstall all my apps, themes and ****.

Phone seems to be running better now cuz all that junk is missing.
    01-04-10 02:06 PM
    Yea just back to factory out of the box settings. if you keep doing a backup and restore, the problem wont fix. Its usually just a bug or error in one of your programs, app or something you put on the phone. So if you do a backup when your phone is messed up, it will keep doing it again.

It sucked losing all my settings, but yea i had to reinstall all my apps, themes and ****.

Phone seems to be running better now cuz all that junk is missing.
    you lost your address book too?

i've never backed my address book up anyway besides DM because i don't know how to use Outlook or whatever, or do it any other way.
    01-04-10 02:09 PM

You can also do an Advanced Restore from a backup file using Desktop Manager, select only key databases to restore to your BB (Messages, BBM, Address Book).
    01-04-10 02:09 PM
    you lost your address book too?

i've never backed my address book up anyway besides DM because i don't know how to use Outlook or whatever, or do it any other way.
    no you keep all your stuff in your address book, contacts, and calender
    01-04-10 02:11 PM
    You can also do an Advanced Restore from a backup file using Desktop Manager, select only key databases to restore to your BB (Messages, BBM, Address Book).
    yes i've done it this way before too. quick & easy.

& quick question. would bbweather with the gps take up more battery than without? idk if it is even using the gps or not.
    01-04-10 02:12 PM
    What I would do is wipe your blackberry complety using JL_Cmder then reload the os and see if that helps. Or if your using an OS not supplied by your carrier revert back to it and see if that helps also.
    01-04-10 02:28 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD