I searched but cannot find an answer on this one. Sorry it is kind of a newbie question. Maybe my Jedi search powers are weak.

I like to have my icons/programs in a certain order that I am accustomed to and work for me on my 8330. Is there an option in 4.5 to have the icons stay in the order I have them in when I change themes? It is getting to be a pain to put everything back in order everytime I want a new look for my BB and change themes.

Thanks in advance.
    03-11-09 06:42 PM
    They should stay. Once you set them up.

For instance if you have theme A setup how you like it and go to B and set that up, once you go back to A it should be your settings. Is this not happening for you? You should only have to set it up once per theme - then it sticks...
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-11-09 at 06:53 PM.
    03-11-09 06:44 PM
    They should stay. Once you set them up.

For instance if you have theme A setup how you like it and go to B and set that up, once you go back to A it should be your settings. Is this no happening for you? You should only have to set it up once per theme - then it sticks...
    This I did not know! Of course I have never switched back once I made a change. Good info. though.
    03-11-09 06:52 PM
    Not when loading a brand new theme, you have to configure to your liking.
    03-11-09 06:56 PM
    Correct. I guess I should have been more clear on that. Themes already on the Berry will remember. Once you set them up.

I have deleted themes and re-downloaded them weeks later and the icons were exactly how I left them, but a new theme will place them all over for set up...
    03-11-09 07:05 PM
    Yea, that is what I was afraid of. I like to change themes a lot and I have a LOT of themes on my curve. I was hoping that there was a way to have a default icon setting for each theme without having to set each one up individually.
    03-11-09 07:09 PM
    Yea, that is what I was afraid of. I like to change themes a lot and I have a LOT of themes on my curve. I was hoping that there was a way to have a default icon setting for each theme without having to set each one up individually.
    No sadly they must all be set up at least once....... Sorry
    03-11-09 07:10 PM
    Nothing is perfect. One reason primarily just use one theme.
    03-11-09 07:27 PM
    This is the reason I don't change themes as often as I used to. Got tired of having to sort all over again.
    03-11-09 07:30 PM
    Nothing is perfect. One reason primarily just use one theme.
    I feel you; but sometimes that "one" gets boring.
    03-11-09 07:31 PM
    I found a theme I like, had it forever on my phone, if I get bored, I just change up the wallpaper, I too used to be a theme junkie, then the thrill wore off LOL
    03-11-09 07:33 PM
    I found a theme I like, had it forever on my phone, if I get bored, I just change up the wallpaper, I too used to be a theme junkie, then the thrill wore off LOL
    I just changed the wp too, but then I'd see a theme that looked awesome and just had to have it.
    03-11-09 07:34 PM
    I just change the backround images...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 07:35 PM
    Not when loading a brand new theme, you have to configure to your liking.
    Yeppers. It is a giant PITA at times, but it is a necessary evil when putting a new theme on your device.
    03-11-09 07:36 PM
    This is the reason I don't change themes as often as I used to. Got tired of having to sort all over again.
    Yeah, I am in the same boat as you Lex. I just keep a theme for as long as possible. When I eventually tire of it , I switch to something new. However, it takes a while for me to get to that point.
    03-11-09 07:37 PM
    I also like having my icons in a certain order but just deal with it uyes its a PAITS but so many cool themes out there!

03-11-09 07:49 PM
    Yeah, I am in the same boat as you Lex. I just keep a theme for as long as possible. When I eventually tire of it , I switch to something new. However, it takes a while for me to get to that point.
    CBK, how long is a while for you? I an go about 2 months.
    03-11-09 07:54 PM
    The way I do mine takes just a few minutes but I am not a theme lover. I have 2 default and 2 customs - ahhh the simplicity..
    03-11-09 07:55 PM
    The way I do mine takes just a few minutes but I am not a theme lover. I have 2 default and 2 customs - ahhh the simplicity..
    I don't grab every theme I see cause not all of them are to my liking. If a theme screams "love me" then I'll put it on my phone. There are so many talented theme makers that sometimes I just cant help myself from downloading them. it's just changing them that makes me itch.
    03-11-09 08:00 PM

I hear ya when I was looking for my "ideal" theme I must have tried 40 or so and it was killing me, hide this, move this

Now since I found two I like I wont switch unless its screaming at me and I stopped looking for them for the most part, what I dont see I cant try

Cheated last night though lol
    03-11-09 08:10 PM
    CBK, how long is a while for you? I an go about 2 months.
    I go about 4 months usually. Sometimes longer if I am really feeling the theme.
    03-11-09 08:11 PM
    I had 2 that I was switching back and forth between before I upgraded to 4.5 but had quite a few more downloaded and available. Now that I see all of the cool stuff out there I have lost my mind and gone theme crazy. Oh well, it is something to keep me busy until the next model is released and I can upgrade from my 8330.
    03-11-09 08:18 PM
    I love themes and I love changing themes. I'm glad this question was asked because I didn't know you get the same order of icons when you return to you old theme! Awesome. I love my blackberry and I love crackberry!

03-11-09 09:01 PM
    I started doing that too. I have made several wallpapers from photos and just trade them around.

04-23-09 12:45 AM
    same here, its really annoying, but I guess they make ya work for it lol
    05-30-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD