Hey Guys
    I'm new to this forum. I have tmobile curve and it won't turn on keeps poping with an error "jvm error 535".
    reinstalled the OS,
    wiped out the phone using JL Cmder
    still poping up with that error
    I'm using Desktop Manager V4.3 w/o media manager, and the hanheld software is from Tmobile. I went through all teh trouble shooting steps on Crackberry but no success
    tried removing the battery didn't help
    What should i do
    Thanks
    05-16-08 04:02 PM
    Livelink - Redirection is a list of most JVM errors.

Yours, "535 VM_UNUSED_535: Unused This is an unused VM error. " is enigmatic to say the least.

I have no idea. I am really sorry.
    05-16-08 04:28 PM
    Did you have a non-fatory theme running when you did the backup on the BB during the OS install? If so, make sure the cod for the theme is back on the phone after install otherwise the BB will boot up trying to use an non-existant theme. This usually doesn't happen with custom themes, but does cause problems if it was an unlocked Vendor theme.
    05-16-08 04:35 PM
    Did you have a non-fatory theme running when you did the backup on the BB during the OS install? If so, make sure the cod for the theme is back on the phone after install otherwise the BB will boot up trying to use an non-existant theme. This usually doesn't happen with custom themes, but does cause problems if it was an unlocked Vendor theme.
    That is awesome info to know. Thanks JR
    05-16-08 04:37 PM
    If that doesnt work it take it back and get another you should be covered by warranty. When I was with TMO they were pretty good about replacing my Curve when I first bought it.
    05-16-08 04:38 PM
    Yes, I can see how that works. Thanks.
    05-16-08 04:59 PM
    ^^^ Yeah, I ran into it one time. The OS load took, but at the same time the unlocked cod got deleted (because I just upload the cod rather then edit all the xml files, it's easier that way). Anyway, the OS load took, the theme got deleted and the backup got restored. Since my last active theme setting was restored with the restore on the last reboot it javascreened on me. I just uploaded the cod directly with javaloader, rebooted and up it came. Since then, I always revert back to the vendor theme for the phone before I backup/upgrade OS/restore.
    05-16-08 05:12 PM
    We learn by breakng our own nails climbing the walls of holes that we have fallen into. Some call it experience.
    05-16-08 05:43 PM
    Well there was no Backup done on it because i purchased the phone like that the guy before me already tried reloading the OS and i don't think he went through the back up process. I called Tmobile they said since it wasn't purchased on my account they can't do exchange on it.
    05-16-08 05:51 PM
    You just need to do a clean wipe of both user data and OS with javaloader and then reload the most current OS. Just find a download of javaloader.exe. Go to a DOS prompt and type in javaloader -u wipe -a -f and hit enter. Make sure the BB is plugged into USB before you do this. Then run Application Loader in DM and reload the OS after the BB boots. When it boots it'll boot to a java error prompt, don't panic, just run Application Loader.
    05-16-08 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD