Well its not only the OS that has to read it , its also what gets pushed through the BlackBerry server. Once you run 4.5 and enable html your mail is pushed through BIS 2.5 which is what give you html email.

Just open your "messages" folder from your home screen and the its the path I gave you.

Messages/menu/options/emailsetting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Don't forget to enable it for each of your email domains that you wish to push html
    I really appreciate you taking your time to help me with this.

I'm still hitting a brick wall.
    I dont have those options under emailsetting
    This is all I have under email settings:
    Message Services
    Confirm Delivery
    Confirm Read
    Send Read Receipts

Nothing else and I dont know what to tell you.
    I'm going on the home screen, scrolling over Messages, clicking the trackball, clicking the options key(key to the left of the trackball), going to options
    in the menu, going to emailsetting and above is what I see. Thats it.

again, thanx for your patience
    08-30-08 11:36 PM
    Don't forget to enable it for each of your email domains that you wish to push html.

Also even though you check the auto download images you still have to hit menu/getimages on each piece of mail you want to see the images on(security feature and PITA). It will say "this will reveal your address atr you sure" tell it yes and Viola! Images

So are you saying that this is normal for everyone? I'm running OS 4.5.0.69 and my email displays in the correct format, but I have to hit menu/getimages on each piece, just like you stated. There's no way I can enable this permanently?
    08-30-08 11:43 PM
    Well at first it was said that you would only have to do it once for each contact and it would be automatic after that. For instance I subscribe to a newsletter from CrutchField and once I tell it to get images for mail from Crutchfield they should all be automatic after that. BUT is does not and never did work that way you still have to request images for each new mail you receive.

08-31-08 12:20 AM
    I really appreciate you taking your time to help me with this.

I'm still hitting a brick wall.
    I dont have those options under emailsetting
    This is all I have under email settings:
    Message Services
    Confirm Delivery
    Confirm Read
    Send Read Receipts

Nothing else and I dont know what to tell you.
    I'm going on the home screen, scrolling over Messages, clicking the trackball, clicking the options key(key to the left of the trackball), going to options
    in the menu, going to emailsetting and above is what I see. Thats it.

again, thanx for your patience
    Nope , your in the right place and html options should be right there in the list you supplied but they're not????

Forgive me if I ask you questions more than once but I have been busy , what version of os are you running and on what phone and who is your carrier?

I know back when I first upgraded to 4.5 it took me a couple of days to figure it out.

Try this , go to (from home screen)

Options/AdvancedOptions/HostRoutingTable/Menu/RegisterNow

Then resend your service books for your email clients,

Emailsettings/servicebooks/resend

08-31-08 12:28 AM
    yes, that's what I've found too. Thanks for the reply.
    08-31-08 12:29 AM
    You bet. Hopefully with future betas or Official releases RIM might get the HTML email thing down a little better to act more like empower , we'll have to wait and see.

08-31-08 12:31 AM
    Nope , your in the right place and html options should be right there in the list you supplied but they're not????

Forgive me if I ask you questions more than once but I have been busy , what version of os are you running and on what phone and who is your carrier?

I know back when I first upgraded to 4.5 it took me a couple of days to figure it out.

Try this , go to (from home screen)

Options/AdvancedOptions/HostRoutingTable/Menu/RegisterNow

Then resend your service books for your email clients,

Hey, I seem to be having the same problem. I've done the first step of RegisterNow of the HostRoutingTable from Advanced Options.

However I can't find

or

"enable html" or "auto images" under Email Settings

Like the DuckWarrior, all I see under Messages Options is:
    GENERAL SETTINGS
    EMAIL SETTINGS
    EMAIL RECONCILIATION
    SPELL CHECK

and under EMAIL SETTINGS, all I see is:
    Message Services
    Confirm Delivery
    Confirm Read
    Send Read Receipts

Just upgraded to 4.5.055(81) on my Curve 8310 in India.. I should mention that I couldn't find any vendor.xml file so I haven't deleted it like most ppl said i should. Also, is it possible that the bb server in India is still not up to 4.5 and that's why i can't see HTML email ?
    08-31-08 01:28 AM
    yea, nothing like servicebooks/resend either

Just like kunalarya I have .55 and have the same problem.
    08-31-08 01:33 AM
    Sorry you have to resend service books through BIS either from your PC and carriers BIS website or from your BlackBerry home screen , look for

Icon on home screen called "email settings" this will launch your browser and allow you to log into BIS and or click service books resend.

08-31-08 01:44 AM
    Thanks! I can see the HTML and Images options now after doing the resend srvice books..

Cheers!
    08-31-08 01:54 AM
    Sweeeeet! Have fun with it!

08-31-08 01:56 AM
    To send service books:
    Click on Manage Internet Email, click service books, click send service books. This is not the same a registering a device and must be done after an upgrade to enable html.

Now from this page, press the menu key, click options, click browser configuration, make sure all of the boxes are checked, on show images make sure on wml & html pages is selected, make sure emulation mode is set to blackberry. Click back button and save. Now set each email to the correct html settings.

08-31-08 02:08 AM
    Second paragraph is for a more pleasant internet viewing experience,

08-31-08 02:11 AM
    To send service books:
    Click on Manage Internet Email, click service books, click send service books. This is not the same a registering a device and must be done after an upgrade to enable html.

Now from this page, press the menu key, click options, click browser configuration, make sure all of the boxes are checked, on show images make sure on wml & html pages is selected, make sure emulation mode is set to blackberry. Click back button and save. Now set each email to the correct html settings.

Where do I find and option called "manage internet email?"
    08-31-08 07:32 AM
    If I use Empower email viewer or bbsmart with OS 4.5, will that make my email images display automatically? Or will I still have to hit menu/getimages on each email?
    08-31-08 08:17 AM
    Where do I find and option called "manage internet email?"
    Like I said , there should be an icon on your phones home screen called "Email Settings"

If I use Empower email viewer or bbsmart with OS 4.5, will that make my email images display automatically? Or will I still have to hit menu/getimages on each email?
    BBsmart stinks in my opinion , you have to sit and watch a progress bar as it loads the email and AGAIN as it downloads each image. With 4.5 html and Empower they download images links etc in the background and you never have to wait for a progress bar or such.

Empower is GOOD , for $30 , but last I read it wasn't working/compatible with 4.5??? Be sure to try out the trial first to be sure.

Last edited by GrandMasterB; 08-31-08 at 12:30 PM.
    08-31-08 12:24 PM
    I have been trying to find out how to upgrade my 8310 from 4.2 to 4.5?

Please help!

Russ
    08-31-08 12:33 PM
    the only thing that got the html pictures to show up was to:
    (1) delete all service books
    (2) recreate the e-mail accounts
    (3) pulled the battery.

works like a charm now. ;-)

Curve, 4.5.0.52
    08-31-08 07:42 PM
    I have been trying to find out how to upgrade my 8310 from 4.2 to 4.5?

Please help!

Russ
    Have a good read through the Beta OS section of CrackBerry , all the information you need is there.

08-31-08 07:47 PM
    I've heard nothing good about therecent Bold purchases....just wait it'll get better. I hope

08-31-08 07:56 PM
    how did you fix your html issue? please help!!!! I am having the same issues
    10-08-08 12:50 PM
    The only hangup or quirky difference I've noticed since upgrading to 4.5 is that the calendar section on the home page of the Today theme doesn't show today's scheduled items anymore. I really miss that.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, know of a fix? I'd really like to get that back, it came in pretty handy.

I'm using a Curve 8330 on Verizon running v4.5.0.77 - Thanks!
    10-08-08 03:41 PM
    Has anyone heard of 4.5.0.90 Us Cellular?
    10-08-08 04:29 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD