Hey all,

I am an avid Storm user. I love the thing to death, and although it has it's problems, I am sure they will get worked out (at least, I hope!).

Well, my brother came over today with his Curve. I had to try it out, as he wanted to check out the new Storm. All I can say is WOW! I have never used a Curve before, and I was seriously impressed at the speed of the thing. I was able to do things so much quicker and smoother. My brother liked the Storm, but said he would never switch (not yet at least). Web browsing wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, and the UI was very nice. All the menus came up instantly and switching between apps was lightning fast.

I am now seriously considering trading in my Storm for a Curve. I love the big screen and all, but the speed and performance of the Curve blew me away. The little bugger really grew on me!

Just thought I'd share
    12-14-08 05:50 PM
    hehe i'll trade you
    12-14-08 05:52 PM
    Ill never NOT have a curve, I love it,
    12-14-08 05:52 PM
    Yeah, I played with a storm for about half an hour before deciding the curve was the phone for me.
    12-14-08 05:53 PM
    The curve is the phone to have, imho. I have the 8330 and wouldn't trade it for anything
    12-14-08 05:54 PM
    Hate to say it but took my Storm back and am using my tried and true Curve again. Will wait for the Bold, Jupiter, Niagara or whatever the VZ gets that has a keyboard.
    12-14-08 05:56 PM
    jupiter? wtf is that?
    12-14-08 05:59 PM
    I'm not surprised to hear this and am surprised that this is the first post (I've seen) to say it.

Haven't tried the storm, nothing against it looks cool etc - I prefer a qwerty and will be looking to get an 8900.
    However my 8320 runs smoothly, does everything a BB does, never freezes/crashed/re-booted ever (even after OS upgrades) and I can type as fast as on a desktop - I just can't imagine trying to live with the bugs and laggyness of the storm. I'm sure it'll all iron out over time and with updates for the firmware etc and end up fine. But it would drive me mad to test drive it for RIM (unless in my spare time with a reliable berry for everyday use...).
    Just my thoughts.... :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 06:01 PM
    i have to agree. While i love the storms screen size, the curve (to me) is quicker for typing, browsing and the OS is fast. i would miss all the shortcuts if i went with the storm.

Besides the larger screen i see no benefit in the storm. the curve takes great pics without any lag, has html email with docs to go. The youtube on both devices are the same.

i'm sticking with my curve until a new world edition comes along

12-14-08 06:05 PM
    Jupiter is just another code name for one of the upcoming releases. It may be for VZ or AT&T I don't know. All I know is I want a Bold type phone on VZ ASAP. I own the Bold on AT&T and it is awesome but where my office is, the reception is not the best so I have a VZ Curve and it works great. So I am impatiently waiting for the VZ Bold or whatever.
    12-14-08 06:06 PM
    I think curves *look nicer*

Ive never been into the look of the bold, and touchscreen on the storm, well my iphone turned me off that

The curve.. is pretty lol
    12-14-08 06:07 PM
    I really want the 8900 Curve something fierce...
    12-14-08 06:09 PM
    Hey all,

I am an avid Storm user. I love the thing to death, and although it has it's problems, I am sure they will get worked out (at least, I hope!).

Well, my brother came over today with his Curve. I had to try it out, as he wanted to check out the new Storm. All I can say is WOW! I have never used a Curve before, and I was seriously impressed at the speed of the thing. I was able to do things so much quicker and smoother. My brother liked the Storm, but said he would never switch (not yet at least). Web browsing wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, and the UI was very nice. All the menus came up instantly and switching between apps was lightning fast.

I am now seriously considering trading in my Storm for a Curve. I love the big screen and all, but the speed and performance of the Curve blew me away. The little bugger really grew on me!

Just thought I'd share
    Came off an 8703e after 2+ years to wait outside at 0700 for the chance at a Storm the day it was released. Loved the idea, design, and capabilities. Got really good at typing and editing text. After 3 weeks of hardware defects and glitchy software from Day 1 I returned it and got a Curve 8330. Really enjoying this form factor and speed. Glad I gave up the Storm as it exists today for the Curve. Keeping an eye out for the 8900 on VzW in the future.

Last edited by hughdrbf; 12-14-08 at 06:16 PM.
    12-14-08 06:10 PM
    Rachel, the Bold may not look as nice as the upcoming Curve but it is one awesome machine. It is so fast and functional it just makes your work day a pleasure. It is so easy, you just glide thru tasks.
    I had the storm for a week, and loved the phone, but I couldn't be productive at work with it. It was just too slow for me. I sold it on ebay and reactivated my curve. The phone is great but its just not a work horse. Or maybe thats the wrong word, but I could not use it as fast as I could my curve.
    Bosco, I really agree with you. I wanted to like the Storm and did in a lot of respects but it just took me too long to get my work done. When I am working with a customer, speed is everything. Customers don't want excuses. Keyboard BB for me all the way.
    12-14-08 06:16 PM
    The Curve is a stable and dependable BB. I personally don't like touchscreen phones, so the Storm was never an option for me.

12-14-08 06:17 PM
    I to returned my Storm and moved to the Curve. And I must say it was the best decision I ever made.

12-14-08 07:17 PM
    So glad to see so many Curve supporters.

My mind is pretty much made up!
    12-14-08 07:18 PM
    im happy with my 8330 but when the Niagara(CDMA Bold) or Jupiter(CDMA 8900) come out im gettin one. the only bad thing about the bold is the size but i used my friends bold and although the size is a tradeoff i love the huge widescreen. if only the 8900 had the speed of the bold.
    12-14-08 09:54 PM
    i almost upgraded to a storm but realized that my email, sms and mms needs cannot be met fast enuf with it, i decided to keep my curve, and also i have an ocd issue to clean my screen even half hour which means with a storm i'd be cleaning every 5 seconds so will keep the curve for another year or so, maybe until a bold is available on cdma.
    12-14-08 11:09 PM
    I completely agree. I really wanted a storm and convinced my fiance we had to have them. Well when I played with it in the store I didn't really care for it. I think it seems fragile. After playing with the curve for 5 mins I knew it was the phone I should get. I love it haven't had any major issues my trackball got stuck once but that was an easy fix thanks to crackberry!

12-15-08 03:21 AM
    Something about the Curve.. I am a curve to bold to storm back to curve person myself. I am absolutely stoked for the 8900 to come out.

12-15-08 03:37 AM
    I had a Storm for ~3 weeks. Couldn't stand all the bugs after coming from an 8703e. Traded it in for an 8330 and love the thing. Wouldn't go back to the storm for anything!
    12-15-08 06:04 AM
    I am also one of those who had the storm for 2 weeks and returned it for a Curve. The Storm has a lot of potential but it is just not there yet and I didnt want to continually be frustrated while it improves. Needless to say i am LOOOOVVVING my Curve. It was a hard decision to return the Storm but SO happy i did!
    12-15-08 07:29 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD