On Wednesday I purchased a blackberry 8330 at metro PCS in my hometown... I asked them how I accessed the browser and was told the browser is something that has to be enabled on my phone. They told me it was a simple fix and my sending the info through the options/advanced options/host routing table/register now that the network/browser would be automatically sent to my phone... 3 days later, nothing yet. They say I have to go to a metro pcs corporate store, the closest of which is an hour away... anyone else know if this is something I can fix by doing something over the net? Thanks!
    01-16-10 10:49 PM
    Should be something that Metro PCS customer service can do over the phone IF they support BlackBerrys.
    01-16-10 11:09 PM
    I would take it in to your hometown Metro PCS store with your receipt and have them replace the device, or have their tech add a browser to your service books. It's seems strange that when you resent your service books that your browser was not present. Seems as though it's an oversight on Metro PCS behalf.
    01-17-10 12:31 AM
    That is strange that the browser was not enebled from the get go.
    01-17-10 03:26 AM
    On Wednesday I purchased a blackberry 8330 at metro PCS in my hometown... I asked them how I accessed the browser and was told the browser is something that has to be enabled on my phone. They told me it was a simple fix and my sending the info through the options/advanced options/host routing table/register now that the network/browser would be automatically sent to my phone... 3 days later, nothing yet. They say I have to go to a metro pcs corporate store, the closest of which is an hour away... anyone else know if this is something I can fix by doing something over the net? Thanks!
    As far I remember you have to click on the email setup Icon in your wellcome screen and login in the MetroPcs network (using a username and pass your choice) then you can add or create an email. After that they sent you the service Books. They have a webpage for doing that too but I'm not aloud to put pages in this forum. When I have any problem with the Browser I go to that page, login and request to send me the service books and in seconds my browser start again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 07:08 AM
    They told me it was a simple fix and my sending the info through the options/advanced options/host routing table/register now that the network/browser would be automatically sent to my phone... 3 days later, nothing yet ... anyone else know if this is something I can fix by doing something over the net? Thanks!
    Try logging in here:

Metro BIS sign-in

And send your service books to your phone, then after you get a confirmation email on your BB, do the Host Routing Table registration on your BB.
    01-17-10 02:07 PM
    Try logging in here:

Metro BIS sign-in

And send your service books to your phone, then after you get a confirmation email on your BB, do the Host Routing Table registration on your BB.
    aaaahhh.. You're my idol! Anyway, I was wondering why the browser was missing even after service books were resent. So, Metro PCS has their customers register from an outside source for their internet? What if the customer bought the device to specifically browse and they do not have access to a PC? I guess that would be a question more appropriately directed to Metro PCS.
    Last edited by Kepeli; 01-17-10 at 02:39 PM.
    01-17-10 02:37 PM
    Every carrier that supports BBs has a BIS login site on the internet.
    01-17-10 06:08 PM
    aaaahhh.. You're my idol! Anyway, I was wondering why the browser was missing even after service books were resent. So, Metro PCS has their customers register from an outside source for their internet? What if the customer bought the device to specifically browse and they do not have access to a PC? I guess that would be a question more appropriately directed to Metro PCS.
    Not sure what they include in their host file when you register. With sprint you get the email setup and once that is setup you can get service books.... in fact after you registered probably in options, mobile network, menu. reprovision would provide browser...
    01-17-10 06:27 PM
    I guess I took it for granted because I had the Verizon salesperson set my Curve up when I got it (almost two years ago, LoL). I might have missed the whole set up procedure. Thank you for shedding light on the situation Danilo, Xlider, and PlunkingTom.
    01-17-10 06:38 PM
    Enjoy your new BB with Internet!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD