what kinda hardener did u use? Hardener as in Epoxy?
    10-16-08 09:04 PM
    No, it's a liquid hardener you add to the paint.
    10-17-08 09:01 AM
    Very nice job!!!!
    10-17-08 09:03 AM
    Hey I don't want to feel left out. I did mine too. But unlike the OP, I sanded all the parts that were gonna get hit by paint. I did use automotive paint. Just waiting on my black keypad so I can apply a clear coat. Its a flat black

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 09:16 AM
    Just wondering how the OP paint job is holding up since the thread was started over a month ago? any scratches/chips etc?
    10-17-08 09:34 AM
    Oh I have to give props to skullgame since he gave me the idea and guided me through it.
    10-17-08 09:44 AM
    Just wondering how the OP paint job is holding up since the thread was started over a month ago? any scratches/chips etc?
    a couple month afterwards, paint still holding up great on the front. but on the back battery cover there are fading, but no scracthes. it's still black ,but u can see some wear since the phone is constantly on it's back so the battery cover takes a beating. front cover is holding up great, still glossy
    11-27-08 12:53 AM
    Do you know if a "flat" black is possible?

I think that might look pretty cool.
    11-27-08 01:33 AM
    flat black is possible, a couple members on here have done that actually. mines originally was flat black, but i found that it was lacking protection, it was easily scratched and it didnt feel as good to the touch. so i cleared coated it for protection and as a result it was also "glossed" up
    11-27-08 01:34 AM
    Flat or totally matt black is the way I want to go with my Curve. Will get a black keyboard to match as well..
    11-27-08 05:26 AM
    Skullgame has a pic of his flat-black pearl 3 or 4 posts above this one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 07:50 AM
    I love the all black!

Can you get the other buttons(send/menu/back/end) and track ball protector in black as well? That would be great...
    11-27-08 07:52 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD