Hey Everyone,

Just joined today. Lately I have been having a lot of problems with my Mogul. I'm due for an upgrade and after 2 years with Windows Mobile I'm thinking of making the move to a blackberry.

My main question is do you think its worth the wait for Sprint to get the Bold (I know there is not set release date yet) or is the Curve a good enough phone?

Thank you in advance for all your help. I'm fairly new to the site and from what I can tell it seems most people here are helpful and friendly.
    08-08-08 05:51 PM
    The Curve is a fine device, Bold should be that much better, if you are in a 3G coverage area.

The mid life software refresh, v4.5 has added the new features, no advantage Bold there.

Vendor incentives have brought the price of a Curve to nearly free. Bold will sell at a premium for a while.

Take the Curve, upgrade to Bold or Javelin in six months and sell off the Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 06:43 PM
    I'm with Stoner. You'll enjoy the Curve quite a bit.

08-08-08 06:50 PM
    Get the Curve, you won't regret it. I agree with the other posters about getting the Curve and then the Bold when it's out.

08-08-08 06:56 PM
    Welcome! The Mogul is a pretty sweet phone but after getting a BB, I'm done with Windows Mobile.

The Curve is my 2nd BB. I was waiting for the Bold but I'm very happy with the Curve. With the prices for Curves now, I probably saved $150 - $200 not waiting.

08-08-08 07:08 PM
    The Curve Is Great You Will Definetely Love It!!!
    08-08-08 07:13 PM
    Welcome. I would get the curve then upgrade to the Bold when it comes out.
    08-08-08 07:42 PM
    Hello and welcome to crackberry.com
    08-08-08 08:15 PM
    How much do you think it will be to upgrade to the bold?

The only thing I'm worried about is that I will on contract for two years so I don't want to get a phone that is out dated.
    08-08-08 08:20 PM
    by the way thank you for your input.
    08-08-08 08:21 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    I'm glad you got rid of the Mogul!!
    08-08-08 08:22 PM
    Welcome! You will be completly satisfied with the Curve. It is an excellent device. The Bold will be impressive. I just got my Curve despite all the new BlackBerrys coming out.It it your call. Good luck and Welcome again!
    AMOG

08-08-08 10:14 PM
    The mid life software refresh, v4.5 has added the new features, no advantage Bold there.

How much do you think it will be to upgrade to the bold?

The only thing I'm worried about is that I will on contract for two years so I don't want to get a phone that is out dated.

The new software will insure it stays on top of the heap, now and for as long as BlackBerry supports it. In the past, that has meant decades for their early clients.

No worries about being outdated, the other guy has a fantastic Browser, but it is brain dead. BlackBerrys are jems, they keep getting better.
    08-08-08 10:18 PM
    well I just pulled the trigger and ordered the curve. should have in 3-5 days.

so long mogul.
    08-09-08 04:34 PM
    I was holding out for the Bold, but an August offer for unlimited BB data for �2.50 (around $5) instead of �7.50 swung it in the Curve's favour. It's a great device, especially coming from a Palm 750. I'm very happy, but still have a sim free Bold on pre-order, as 3G does make a performance difference.
    08-09-08 05:11 PM
    well I just pulled the trigger and ordered the curve. should have in 3-5 days.

so long mogul.
    You wont miss it!!
    08-09-08 06:57 PM
    You will love the Curve
    08-10-08 05:38 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!! I have the Curve and love it. I think you will be very happy with the Curve.

08-10-08 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD