T Mobile sent me a new curve because mine was having problems charging. I see on the BB desktop manager that there is the option to switch from one BB to another. should i use that function, or just back up my old one? not sure what to do here! TIA!
    01-10-09 08:20 AM
    You should be able to sync the new device to outlook and brong back your contacts. If you have a recent backup restore it or back up the old one first and then restore to the new one.

If you are on the BIS log in and do a change device there. you need change the control number and PIN number so the BIS will know to deliver email to the new device. Do not create a new BIS account
    01-10-09 08:27 AM
    I would recommend doing a backup of the old device first, and then either restore the backup to the new device or use the Device Switch Wizard.

As lastraid said, don't forget to change your device on your carrier's BIS site.

Since you didn't say whether you're on BIS or BES, I'll also add that if you're using BES, advise your BES administrator of the change.
    01-10-09 08:39 AM
    Yep first backup old phone. then use switch device wizard, works well...

Good luck with the replacement.
    01-10-09 11:25 AM
    I agree about the backup, but I would also do the device switch because it switches your 3rd party apps also.
    01-10-09 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD