So I finally got my first Blackberry today. The Curve 8330 - I've had an LG EnV for 3 years now and I'm so use to "normal phones" that this one seems a bit intimidating.

I'm really good with gadgets and am pretty quick picking stuff up. How long does it take to get use to these phones? Of course my EnV2 had bigger buttons than this one, but I'm slowly getting use to typing on it. Do you ever get to a point where you can type fast on it? I use to type like the wind on my EnV. Although even if I can't ever type AS FAST, all the features are well worth it!

What apps are good ones? Any advice, tips, tricks?

I'm so excited!
    03-22-09 11:20 PM
    It took me about 2 days to get used to the blackberry functions.
    03-22-09 11:24 PM
    Well when I first got my BB my typing was terrible, I am much better now speed wise but my errors still creep in (my poor bbm friends) but I attribute that to my calloused thumbs

Best advice is to read the Blackberry Lecture Series found in my sig, its filled with good info. Here is a link of popular apps used by the members of crackberry
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wha...ions-bb-14431/

Welcome aboard.
    03-22-09 11:26 PM
    I converted from the Voyager and picked up the typing differnces pretty quick. CBlauncher, accuweather,nintaii and usa today launcher I gotta have. Enjoy the addiction and welcome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 11:27 PM
    A bb is like a computer. You will get used to it, and learn to love customizing it with apps. 2 that I highly recommend and vlingo and viigo. Welcome to crackberry.com enjoy the ride.

03-22-09 11:37 PM
    Welcome. You should try the bblight and buzz me apps. They have been the two favorites of mine.
    03-22-09 11:46 PM
    Welcome to crackberry! A RIM employee told me on average it takes about a week for someone going from a regular phone to a blackberry to get used to its keyboard. Of course this varies from person to person. That 101 lecture series is good, highly recommend it. BBAlerts is a fun app...

BByMel Software
    03-22-09 11:51 PM
    I've had mine almost a week and I feel like I've had it a while now. I'm still learning, of course, but don't feel near as intimidated as when I first got it. Enjoy the addiction!

03-23-09 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD