Hi y'all.
    New guy here.
    Went to Alltel today to pay my bill & found out I could get the 8330 for about $15 more per month than what i'm paying now. They were on sale for $99 AR, so I bit (did I do good?).
    I'm perusing the forum now trying to learn more about it.
    My main question, right now, is about the OS. Mine says v4.3.0.124 (Platform 3.1.0.71). Should I update the OS? (I'm also downloading the newest BB Desktop Manager).
    I guess that's all I need to know for now, but i'm sure i'll have more questions!
    01-03-09 01:55 AM
    Congrats on the 8330, it is a great device!
    01-03-09 01:58 AM
    Welcome to the forum. Definitely upgrade the o.s. Great choice on the new device- Curve is great.

I almost like my BB more than having relations, or eating chocolate chip cookies.

Almost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 02:11 AM
    Congratulations on the new 8330! Alltel released version 4.5.0.89 recently, so I would definitely update your OS.

As far as DM, I would go with 4.6. I heard 4.7 has bugs.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 01-03-09 at 02:14 AM.
    01-03-09 02:12 AM
    Yes update there are many step by step how to. On upgrading it workd great and is easy. Just ask for help and ppl love to help right ppl?

01-03-09 02:15 AM
    Thanks, fella's.
    Do any of y'all use a case/glove/etc?
    I'm just wondering what would be best to help protect it. (I'm kinda clumsy)
    01-03-09 02:23 AM
    I use a rubber-like skin I got from VZW, I didn't like the ones that had that extra strip of rubber across the midlle of my phone so I made sure I got onw with an open face. You can get it from the Verizon Wireless website.screen protectors are a pain in ***, but you should get one, at least for a month or two untill you learn the phone.you'll thank me later. . Feel free to PM me any questions.

01-06-09 03:15 AM
    Wow, my typing sucked right there. I'm too used to the spell check in Firefox and in BB eMail. Oops.

01-06-09 03:17 AM
    Welcome Tullpan. I too have the Curve 8330 and I know you will love it.
    01-06-09 09:11 AM
    You will be addicted within days, I know i was. lol
    01-06-09 09:19 AM
    Welcome to the CB Family...you'll love your Curve, i know i do!!
    01-06-09 09:20 AM
    Welcome...imo you have the best phone Alltel offers. I recommend upgrading to OS 4.5.0.89....just follow the directions and be patient. Also, the 4.6 DM w/o the media mgr has been recommended by many of the vets on this site.

I use a rubber clad Body Glove case. It adds a little extra weight, but fits my hand better, has a built-in screen protector and won't slide when sitting on the console of my vehicle.

01-06-09 09:22 AM
    I absolutely love mine! You'll love it! Yes you should use either a hard rubberized case or a rubber skin to protect it. As far as os upgrade, the desktop manager told me I had an upgrade to do and did it all for me, so it shouldn't be too hard. Good luck!

01-06-09 09:23 AM
    Who knows soon you may be on the VZW network. Id Still stick with the curve though, the storm still has way to many issues. We also have a version of the bold coming around May 09.
    01-06-09 09:47 AM
    Welcome and congrats! You will love this phone. Just like rampage, I got addicting very quick and you will too! They don't call it a crackberry for nothing...
    01-06-09 10:04 AM
    I recommend installing the DM then updating to OS 4.5 for the HTML email and going crazy. See how long you can go without it once you travel somewhere that you don't have service. Those airline flights are so long these days, cannot stand a 3 hour window when I am awake without checking something.
    01-06-09 10:08 AM
    congrats on your new BB.

screen protector and case are a must...
    i am using an open face rubber sleeve right now but i just bought a case-mate smart skin yesterday.
    01-06-09 10:10 AM
    Hi I also just bought the 8330 Curve through Alltel...I am utterly hopeless with this device but cant wait to learn all there is to using it...Where would I download the desk top manager and then the new OS from??? Please, please, please be patient with me....
    01-06-09 01:05 PM
    Cocoa all you have to do is pop the cd that came with the phone and it will install it...I would also say to go to software.alltel.com that's where you can get the new OS which let's you get pic/vid messages

01-06-09 01:22 PM
    hmmm...okies...I already have the pic/vid messages....I think...maybe not...Thanks!!!
    01-06-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD