Hi guys

I posted this in the general Blackberry discussion also, so I thought I'd try putting it in here, as I haven't had any responses. I'm having a little trouble with my Blackberry that I got yesterday.

I bought a brand new, unlocked 8310 from eBay here in the UK for a really great price and everything is fine with it apart from the fact that I can't see to connect to the internet with the browser (which on this model is called Vodaphone Live!), where I load it up but it just gets stuck on Requesting...

The bar at the bottom loads right to the end but then does nothing.

I am also have trouble with being able to put in a personal email address, but that's because my current Pay As You Go provider (Asda Mobile) doesn't support this with Blackberry's right now, so I am changing over.

Could this be the same problem with the inability to access anything with the browser? I have tried removing the battery for five minutes, turning off the BB and turning it on again.

I put Opera onto my Blackberry last night by downloading it from the internet and uploading it with my desktop manager and this seems to work ok, I can access websites and such with it, but obviously it doesn't download. Are there any other browsers out there that can download also?

I hope someone can help with this as I need the browser to download a few apps I need, including a GPS program, which is needed urgently.

Thanks for your help guys.

Steve.
    10-30-09 11:43 AM
    Yes you must have a data plan for BIS or the internet unless you use wifi which your device does not support...
    10-30-09 11:45 AM
    Hi plunkingtom

I see. Forgive my questions, but how do I go about getting a data plan for BIS? Is it not possible for me to just use what I use on a Pay As You Go system?

Thanks
    Steve.
    10-30-09 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD