I doubt there is anything you guys can do but... I bought a Verizon curve on ebay. I am an avid ebayer and I know what to look out for as far as scams, fakes, etc. It is brand new in the box. The seller has 75 feedback, it is 100% positive, and every auction he was selling phones. A bunch of them were Verizon curves so I have trust in the seller here. I tried to activated it online and it says:

"The phone associated with the ESN/MEID you entered has already been activated. Please contact us at 800-922-0204 if you want to switch phones with another customer."

So I called Verizon and they basically told me the same thing. However, when I turn the Curve on, it says "activation required". Now, If the phone was already activated, shouldn't I be able to use it?Verizon says it is supposedly activated, so if that was the case, shouldn't it be able to make calls and not say "activation required" on the screen?

I was just hoping someone here had some insight on the issue. I have a $330 paper weight sitting here. I want to activate my freaking Curve!!!!!

PS, I did contact the seller yesterday and he said he was going to contact Verizon about it. I haven't heard back from him yet, though.
    09-03-08 05:54 AM
    Could it need unlocking?
    09-03-08 06:09 AM
    What happens when you *228 it (*228, send, option 1)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 06:16 AM
    Could it need unlocking?
    verizon is CDMA, you can't unlock like a GSM phone. The ESN needs to be released by previous owner, assuming the device is NOT on the lost/stolen list. Otherwise its useless. Heres more info;http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/can-...ve-ebay-63902/
    09-03-08 06:23 AM
    You're phone was activated in our billing system. That doesn't mean the phone has ever done *228 to program it.
    09-03-08 06:29 AM
    I tried to do *228 to program it just to see what it would do. It said the phone wa unable to be programmed. So I don't know. Still haven't heard from the seller.

09-03-08 08:58 AM
    Of Course not - he's off spending your $330. Did the seller list on his auction that the ESN was clean? If not - you missed that scam. File a complaint with eBay and PayPal. that should speed up the process.

Sorry if it seems like I am the bearer of bad news but: if you have the phone in your hands and cannot activate it - what is the world could the seller accomplish by calling Verizon unless it was his phone and clearing the ESN. In which case the phone is not brand new.
    09-03-08 09:26 AM
    whats the esn i work for verizon i can tell you whats wrong
    09-03-08 09:42 AM
    This seems a bit fishy to me?
    09-03-08 09:43 AM
    Buying new phones from the carriers is the best way to go.
    09-03-08 09:58 AM
    Instead of giving you his ESN, he can actually call Verizon himself and find out whats going on with that number. You pop on here with one post and he is just supposed to give that number to you?

Where'd you come from anyway?
    09-03-08 10:06 AM
    lol you guys are correct a little fishy huh but think about it what can you actually do with an esn and not the actual device? im in sales at a retail store in bergen county nj, i always browse the forums from work and just realized that i can sign up and post
    09-03-08 10:53 AM
    Well, he emailed me back. He said the esn is a recycled one and that it won't clear until the 16th. He said his shipment must have came in early and that I could send it back for a full refund or wait until then. I doubt its a scam as he has sold a bunch of curves as well as a nich of other phones with 100% pautive feedback

09-03-08 12:44 PM
    He could be stalling for time until you're outside the legal refund period. I would send it back for a full refund right away. For $330 a nice VZW rep can definitely make it work for you to get a Curve and you know this won't happen.

09-03-08 12:50 PM
    you my friend bought a refurbished phone
    09-03-08 12:50 PM
    The seller just sent me an email and said everything should be cleared up. I just activated it and it works! Thanks to everyone for their insight.
    09-03-08 03:58 PM
    yay! glad to hear that!

by the way, don't go giving out your esn or last 4 of your social to anyone unless you are in a store or calling customer care. i work for an indirect vzw and i would never ask anyone on a forum for that info!

be careful!
    09-03-08 04:04 PM
    [QUOTE=chrisy520;680346]What happens when you *228 it (*228, send, option 1)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.co/QUOTE]

It happened to me too. And it says that I need to contact costumer service for help.
    02-02-09 02:44 PM
    same pickle, friend
    07-10-09 07:46 PM
    let me know if you find out what to do. i'm not out nearly as much but still have a brick in my hands
    07-10-09 07:51 PM
    I'm also curious, only my friend got the phone at the flea market so the situation is a little different.
    The dude who sold it to him is there every weekend without fail and promised to switch it out if there was a problem. The phone was a pearl and only cost $75 so I'd rather keep it instead of trading it.

07-13-09 05:01 PM
    Always ask for the esn so you can verify that it is clear with your carrier. Not sure what anyone here could do with an esn ...... ebay and paypal have extended waiting periods to dispute transactions. You can contact the carrier to see why the esn is bad. Stolen you are out of luck, lost probably same thing, unfinished contract they may waive or you could pay it off.

Gosh guys new customers are getting these phones for free or $50.00.
    07-13-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD