hey all i just abought my curve but i bought it used locally, well i bought it 75$ and its really messed up. screen and housing cover is bad. so i was wondering you think it would be worth buying a new housing cover for 20$ and changing it or just returning the phone and find another curve?

just need your opionion.
    04-26-10 06:20 PM
    if the phone works just change the housing/screen and it will look like brand new - make sure the housing comes with the sticky foam behind the screen.
    04-26-10 06:30 PM
    would this one be good? nevermind cant post links =P. lol...

and i think the phone works good... haha

THANKS bunch for quick response.
    04-26-10 06:39 PM
    i forgot to mention thiers a crack on the screen but doesnt affect anything on the screen itself. so a housing kit could make this phone good again? it seems to be running fine? is there a difference between cnn phone housing and ppl ebay housing?

how do i restore the phone? THANKS once again for the help.
    04-26-10 07:36 PM
    that's just the outer screen covering, if you get a complete housing with that included it will look spanky new. I like getting my parts from an ebay seller in the US but that's just personal preference. I've never had any issues so far.

Restore the phone as in software or what?
    04-26-10 07:49 PM
    cnn.cn and trusupplier have the parts you'll need
    04-26-10 07:58 PM
    takin apart the curve is pretty simple, if you study the tutorials on how to take it apart you can have a new housing on it within 15minutes
    04-26-10 08:18 PM
    restore the software because previous owner deleted some things on this curve. cnn.cn seems nice but kidna pricey for housing. i think i will go with ebay. Thanks you all for oyur input one last question.

i can get a pearl for cheaper then curve or i can keep this curve. if i get the pearl i still need new housing and stuff just less money but tihs curve is nice and i like the full keyboard. should i keep the curve and stick with it instead of the pearl? Curves are better right? only thing no video =/
    04-26-10 08:49 PM
    I bought a used BB Curve 8310 a couple months ago. I bought a new pink housing & new keypad for it cos it was a bit battered looking. Now it looks brand new lol I bought my BB for �70. I think its defo worth it

Also you can have video, ive took many videos with my curve. Im thinking of upgrading tho to the 8900 but not too sure lol
    04-27-10 04:31 AM
    i think any BB for $75 is a good bargain. and if jus changin the housing is all then go for it...
    i got my BB free....but i hav to get a housing for it but cant buy it where i live cause they are chargin $200 for the housing n i guess installation. so i gotta try order it from the usa.
    so if its only cosmetics then u'r good to go.
    04-27-10 10:02 AM
    yeah i think it was worth it until i learned that for some strange reason i can send sms and recieve but i cannot send or recieve phone calls? then also i charged the battery for a few hours and it turned off after 15 minutes?, the status on the battery was i think 80%? not sure though

the owner said the battery is fine but i asked for my money back since the previous owner said if i find something wrong with the phone i can get my money back and now they are debating wheather to give me my money back (its a married couple, wife is being a total *****)

... i think i totattly got hustled.. screwed much ? =/ lol
    04-27-10 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD