Hello, wanted to say hi to the group, I'm new to my BB_Curve and these forums...
    I currently have a major problem with my battery draining in like 3-4 hours
    () while I'm at work. All I do is receive and retrieve my messages. From reading other posts (and using common sense) it looks like the battery is supposed to last longer than a normal cell phone's battery (longer than 3-hours). If anyone has tips on how I can optimize my battery please let me know.
    Thanks!!

BB_DigitalDrew
    05-05-09 10:46 PM
    Dim your screen to 70. Close all programs you aren't using by using the application switches than the bb key and than close. Turn off bluetooth if you don't need it. Turn you backlight timer to 10 or 20 seconds. Turn off your coverage indicator. Always use the standby button when you put your phone down. Cycle your battery (charge then drain completly) once a month. The internet is what really kills my battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 10:50 PM
    Sorry one more thing. My battery lasts around two days. I do charge it every night. Its a smartphone and will need a daily charge. Its ten pm here and my battery is about 45 percent. I have used 2 hours on the internet, 30 min on the phone, a few emails, and about 100 texts. Good luck.

05-05-09 10:53 PM
    Any 3rd party apps accessing the net all the time....
    05-05-09 10:53 PM
    Cycle your battery (charge then drain completly) once a month
    Now that... should be avoided when using lithium ion batteries, they work better when partially discharged and recharged rather than fully discharged to 0 then recharged.

Just dont take them to 0.

Hello, wanted to say hi to the group, I'm new to my BB_Curve and these forums...
    I currently have a major problem with my battery draining in like 3-4 hours
    () while I'm at work. All I do is receive and retrieve my messages. From reading other posts (and using common sense) it looks like the battery is supposed to last longer than a normal cell phone's battery (longer than 3-hours). If anyone has tips on how I can optimize my battery please let me know.
    Thanks!!

BB_DigitalDrew
    You either have a faulty battery or a program running in the background doing some intensive stuff.
    3-4 hours is really short. Even if you have bluetooth, led coverage and backlight at 100 it should last longer, specially if what you do most is messaging.
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-05-09 at 11:41 PM.
    05-05-09 11:32 PM
    Call your carrier amd grype about the battery they may send you one for free. That's what my husband did to tmobile and they sent him a new one for his 8900. I have two batteries I just switch them out. Good luck!

05-06-09 12:29 AM
    It is either something running constantly in the background or a bad battery. Even with massive amounts of sms, mms, bbm, email, my wife's 8330 lasts her 2 days.
    05-06-09 12:34 AM
    my battery beeped today but I keep forgetting to charge in at nite..I put it on for an hour or so and it lasts the rest of the day..from reading here I will keep her charged up.
    05-06-09 12:45 AM
    I had the same problem when I first got mine. I went into profiles and changed the default notifications; primarily disabling "vibrate" notification for non-urgent items.

I get a day out of a charge during the week and two days on the weekend.
    05-06-09 06:12 AM
    Sounds like a faulty batter. Talk to your carrier before it becomes too late.
    05-06-09 09:45 AM
    I keep my screen up 100% I only charge my phone once every 3 days now. I use it CONSTANTLY all day long. It stays alive 3 days. On really busy days it stays alive 2 days.

Since you are new you probably aren't closing out the apps. You probably are leaving them running in the background and they are downloading stuff.

Hold ALT/OK (the back arrow by the trackball) and check what programs are running. Go to ones you aren't using right now and click the back arrow to exit them over and over through the pages until it goes off. Or click menu and click close. If you hit the red button it only hides the app and keeps it running.

I tell most people that on here because that was my problem. My phone was running slow and my battery life was poor because I thought I was closing apps and really they were just running in the background.

Even close it out when you have been looking at pictures or using the camera. Or it keeps the camera running or the photo album. That wont download nothing but it makes your phone slower.
    05-06-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD