And I seem to only be getting 1x signal, no evdo signal so I can't access any data or internet. Anybody know what the problem might be?

Thanks.
    03-09-10 05:39 PM
    Have you tried disconnecting from the network and re-connecting? Re-sending service books? Have you called Verizon?
    03-09-10 05:53 PM
    You activated it on your account.. But have you done *228 option 1?
    03-09-10 05:55 PM
    Tried disconnecting, and reconnecting. And I've done *228, then 1.

How do i re-send the service books?
    03-09-10 06:15 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/serv...ks-how-115031/

Or call up Verizon and they will get ya setup in a couple minutes.
    03-09-10 06:21 PM
    Have you done a battery pull since activation?

Here's something that helps sometimes:

In the phone function, dial ##000000 and hit the green Send key. You will see the CDMA Service Edit Screen. Scroll down to the line: SIP Password. Enter: vzw Then push the menu button and select SAVE. It will restart the phone at that point. Don't touch anything else in that screen! BTW, I got this from a VZW CSR helping me with the same issue. It doesn't always help, but I've never seen it cause a problem either...

Also, that password field will always appear blank when you go into, just wanted to mention that so people don't think it is missing or not sticking.
    03-09-10 06:35 PM
    Okay, when I did the battery pull and it started back up, evdo flashed up for a few seconds, then it went back to just saying 1x. Almost like the network isn't accepting my phone?

Sorry for all the questions. It's my first Blackberry so I'm a major newb.
    03-09-10 07:26 PM
    Have you called your provider? They may have put you on the wrong plan or something.
    03-09-10 08:50 PM
    I will call Verizon later this afternoon when I get off work to see if they can figure it out.

I bought it used off ebay, so perhaps the previous owner had Verizon turn off the evdo network to stop any accidental data charges? I know when I try to log into Facebook, it tells me that my phone/plan does not support this application, but I'm on the Nationwide Messaging Plan for Blackberries that has unlimited data so Facebook should be working.

It always says 'no entries' until the Service Book and Host Routing Table menus. I tried doing the service books online, but when I try to register, it gives me funky messages. So like I said, I'll call Verizon and maybe one of these two problems is the answer.

Thanks for all your help, everybody.
    03-10-10 07:48 AM
    Have you gone into mobile network and enable data?
    03-10-10 12:59 PM
    Just got off the phone with a Verizon rep, and after an hour, we got it going. I had to wipe the whole phone and start over, but the browser and internet is all there now.
    03-10-10 02:25 PM
    I think I am running into the same problems with my phone I just got off of Ebay. I'm also brand new to Blackberry and can't seem to get an Internet Browser to show up or set up my yahoo e-mail account? Looks like I should I call Verizon!
    03-11-10 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD