Hey everyone. So, I'm running a BB Curve 8330 from Sprint with Opera Mini 4.1 as my only connection to get online (I don't have Blackberry services, but the general sprint data plan is there). I'd LIKE to be able to download files, but as I've read around, JSR 75 is the only way to do it. My question is how do I make sure I have it, and if I don't have it how do I get it? I've tried downloading things on OS 4.3, but it always routed me to the native browser..so that was useless. I'm installing OS 4.5 right now..
    10-10-08 05:47 PM
    According to Opera Mini 4.1 FAQ, "BlackBerry devices with firmware older than 4.2 don’t have JSR-75 support required for some advanced features in Opera Mini. The firmware version can be found under Options > About (third line)." So 4.3 should work. Here's the link so you can check it out yourself: http://www.operamini.com/help/faq/
    10-10-08 11:22 PM
    Opera-Mini works outside the BlackBerry data service.

BlackBerrys ony download software within the BlackBerry data service and will always invoke the native browser.

BlackBerrys are designed to work with the BlackBerry data service and all its high security and email delivery. Trying to force the phone to work without this will probably not work and will certainly not make the best of it.
    10-11-08 01:29 AM
    @tech42er: Right, I read all of that before. And it was never below version 4.3 so IDEALLY it should work.

@Pete6: The point of having JSM 75 for the BB with opera mini is specifically to bypass other limitations, such as using the built in Browser.

I looked over the specific list of supported models, and it looks like only the 8300 is supported...maybe that's the problem.
    10-11-08 04:06 AM
    What type of Files are U looking to download in general? I use 0pera Mini 4.1 in downloading Mp3's for Free off of different Websites, download Free Movies from Blackberry Websites & also can download any type of photo or Ringer from any Website as well. 0pera Mini 4.1 has been pretty useful to me.
    10-11-08 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD