My curve turned off this morning and when it re booted, I got a Java Error. It would not let me re boot, only reset over and over again. I took the battery out during church and put it in after church. Got the Java Error once more re booted it and it came back on.
    It is working fine right now, but is this something to get looked at?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 12:52 PM
    If it happens again, try to get the number that it reports along with the java error message. You can Google it and get a better idea what course of action would be best.

You may need to Backup your BB along with all third party applications and themes then reload the operating system after a system wipe with JL Commander.
    05-10-09 02:23 PM
    If it is a JVM 102 error, I know the only fix that worked for me was a complete OS wipe/re-install. However, backing everything up no matter what error you are getting is probably very good advice.
    05-10-09 05:18 PM
    Backing up is good advice, but since I don't have a computer at home really doesn't help. Is this something a service center can do, or do I have to do it?

05-11-09 08:10 AM
    It might have been a once-only glitch. If it comes back again it is likely to be a software problem. Backup your data and reload the OS.

If you installed any new third party apps recently you could also consider whether the cause could be a bug in the new apps.
    05-12-09 08:52 AM
    Backing up is good advice, but since I don't have a computer at home really doesn't help. Is this something a service center can do, or do I have to do it?

You are really on thin ice without a computer to back up your BB to. Do you have access to a work computer, and if so, would they allow you to install Desktop manager and do regular backups of your BB? If you use your BB at all for work related activities, this may be allowed.
    05-12-09 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD